Small stream crossing

/ Small stream crossing #11  
Rock is the direction I'm going, just was wondering if I needed fabric.
Depends on the soil underneath. Lots easier to put in in now that to add it later.

/ Small stream crossing
By the time you add up all of the variables, none of the possible solutions are going to be all that much different in price, unless you can salvage materials. A culvert is gonna be a couple hundred, but so would a bridge and so would bringing in rock for a ford. For me, the easiest and cheapest solution would be a bridge built out of timbers, but that's because I have ready availability of logs that I can cut timbers out of with the only expense being my time and gas to run the mill. That's not an option for most folks though.
I said I have a pile of ledge, riprap. Thanks. Wish I had a mill, tons of logs...

/ Small stream crossing #13  
I’ve seen large rocks placed slight down stream and over time (Years) the area behind backfills with stones and fines providing a bed to drive over.

My county is upgrading private culverts to eliminate outflow drops and also making some many times wider to reduce velocity to aid fish… doesn’t seem to be the case here.

/ Small stream crossing #14  
Thanks, but culvert prices around here are high, and used are few and far between, with almost new pricing...

I was talking about the black corrugated plastic type piping, which should be much cheaper than the metal culvert

/ Small stream crossing
I was talking about the black corrugated plastic type piping, which should be much cheaper than the metal culvert
yeah, $400 when riprap will do...
We paid $1700 for metal culvert for driveway in 2021