Flail Mower Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor?

/ Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor? #11  
ammodram said:
I can't seem to find any of the smaller Caroni mowers available in the U.S other than from Agri-supply. Anyone know of other dealers?
Matt
My nearest tractor dealer has a 48" Caroni for sale at $1,800.
That's why I ordered the 75" model Caroni from Agri-supply for about the same money.:eek:

/ Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor? #12  
ammodram

Looking at the spec chart, I think the weight given for a tiller is closer to what you can consider. Both have the weight at about the same distance back. Kubota is generally conservative in their specs so I think a 63" Caroni would work fine.

Vernon

/ Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor? #13  
DirtHauler said:
When I had my Kioti CK20 I ran a Caroni 48" flail and I would cut grass/weeds up to 5' high with it! Now that I have the CK30, I have the Coroni 59" and just ordered a 63" with "B" rotor for heavier brush cutting.
The flails don't require as much PTO power as a "bush hog".
Flails cut stuff much finer than a bushog and in my experience require noticeably more power. You dont really notice it if you always go slow, but as you speed up your travel the flail will bog the engine out first.
larry

/ Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor? #14  
SPYDERLK said:
Flails cut stuff much finer than a bushog and in my experience require noticeably more power. You don't really notice it if you always go slow, but as you speed up your travel the flail will bog the engine out first.
larry

Strange, I use less fuel when using my flail then when I'm using the rotary, coarse with my CK30 I run 3rd gear low 'cause in 4th it's just too rough in the fields!

/ Smaller Flail Mower for 25 hp tractor? #15  
I have a 48" flail and it picks up the front end of my Ford 7710 with about 1300 pounds of balast on the front bumper. However it only does it when I stretch the arm it is mounted on out about 25 feet behind the tractor. The flail is made from 1/4" plate also...
David from jax