Smaller tractor - what do you recommend

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #11  
I'm surprised at how little use I have for turning brakes on a 4WD CUT.

Make me the third to share same little/no use turning brakes experience with a 4-WD compact tractor.

Last edited:
   / Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #12  
Needed them when making raised bed rows in my garden. It turned the 4010 around quite pronto.

Also need them in snow moving work, particularly with R4 tires.

Ralph

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #13  
Never ever used them at all... (turning brakes)

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #14  
Second most capable is probably the LS line of small tractors. The MT225he specifically interests me. The local LS guy is very high on his prices. We are expanding our search to another dealer.

I don't believe you'll beat LS for overall value.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #15  
I use my turning brakes every winter when clearing snow.

I can see how they wouldn't be needed in Florida.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #16  
Been running tractors for 30 yrs now never used turning brakes.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #17  
If there's a Branson dealer in the area, Branson just came out with a 2515 that looks really good.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #18  
I use my turning brakes very often but mostly in winter and mud. Unlike some I don稚 use 4 wheel drive all the time so that will most likely make a difference.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #19  
I'd still buy the Kioti.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend
Hello folks,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

My neighbor has a couple acres in a residential area. He has a large zero turn for mowing and has no need for his tractor to serve as a mower. Right now he's in the beginning stages of building landscaping around a small pond he had dug in the fall. I've been using my Kioti to move landscape rock into what we'll call "staged" position as the mud makes doing any real work impossible. He desires a smaller tractor than mine in order to prevent damage to his finished landscaping once we are past the heavy work we'll do with mine.

Photos work better than words, so I'll get over to his place and snap some pictures. We are on a "stay at home" order here in IL, so it will be a while unless I can get him to take some photos and e-mail to me. I'll also have him type up something I can put here to better illustrate his wants/needs going forward. Sometimes I screw up the translation. He may even join this forum, as Mike is very smart, but is not a big computer guy so I can't say.

More to come!

Cheers,
Mike