Smallest Cab Tractor?

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #1  

mstewart44

Hello All! I currently own a 2007 JD 5103 2wd and am considering upgrading to a cab model. As a longshot, may also add MFWD. Wondering what would be the smallest cab tractor available out there to fit this bill? I say smallest tractor only to try to keep price down a bit. I certainly don't want a lawn tractor but also don't need a 85hp tractor either. The 50hp one that I have does just fine from a power standpoint so something comperable would be great. Appreciate your feedback!!

Last edited:
   / Smallest Cab Tractor? #2  
What is the main reason you want a cab? If it is sun and heat protection, you might want to try a canopy. I love them on my smaller tractors as they are nearly as comfortable under the hot sun as an AC cab, yet don't require any hp like an effective AC system does. Remember that tractors under 50 hp don't have a whole lot of hp to spare and it is nice to have it all available for real work. You are on the right track with the 4wd however. That will actually let a small tractor accomplish some jobs (especially loader work and discing) that a significantly larger 2wd would struggle with.

/ Smallest Cab Tractor?
Already have the canopy - and yes - it is a great feature!

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #4  
Consider a 4320 40 pto hp and a 4520 50 pt hp I have a 4520 cab and like it.

I think the smallest Deere is a 3520 with cab but the 4000 series would probably match your implements better.

Steve

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #5  
I believe JD actually makes a 3320 (32/25 HP) in a cab. It is the same "frame" size as the 3520 and 3720. The 4X20 series cab tractor is slightly larger and should be compatible with implements you currently use with your 5000 series tractor

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #6  
What is the main reason you want a cab? If it is sun and heat protection, you might want to try a canopy. I love them on my smaller tractors as they are nearly as comfortable under the hot sun as an AC cab, yet don't require any hp like an effective AC system does.

I don't know where you live, but it's obviously not Texas, because there's no way a canopy is "nearly as comfortable" or even in the same category as an air-conditioned cab in my part of the country.:D I had a canopy on my tractors and on the bigger tractor I used the most for hay work, and wouldn't want to be without a canopy if I couldn't have an air-conditioned cab, but I also baled a few bales of hay one day using an air-conditioned John Deere and there's just no comparison.

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #7  
I don't know where you live, but it's obviously not Texas, because there's no way a canopy is "nearly as comfortable" or even in the same category as an air-conditioned cab in my part of the country.:D I had a canopy on my tractors and on the bigger tractor I used the most for hay work, and wouldn't want to be without a canopy if I couldn't have an air-conditioned cab, but I also baled a few bales of hay one day using an air-conditioned John Deere and there's just no comparison.

I agree 100%, and that goes the same for the winter months too. :)

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #8  
well if you're looking for a similar size tractor(and are looking new) then a 5065M is what you'll be looking at. now if you can stand to go smaller in size but need the hp, a 4320,4520,4720 would be worth looking at(new or used). OR if you can kick up a good clean used 5225 that would fit you nicely(guy had one for sale on here just the other day and sold it as fast as he could stick a sign on it (i don't think the paint had a chance to dry on the for sale sign:D)

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #9  
I got the 3720 cab and have to say ill never get another tractor without one.Its great in the winter and great in the summer.In an earlier post someone said you lose some hp when using ac and attachment i have not found that to be true.i have been using the Bh and loader and also mowing and snowblowing and have never felt any loss of power at any time.

/ Smallest Cab Tractor? #10  
OR if you can kick up a good clean used 5225 that would fit you nicely(guy had one for sale on here just the other day and sold it as fast as he could stick a sign on it (i don't think the paint had a chance to dry on the for sale sign:D)[/QUOTE said:
Ohhh!!! Dont remind me.:(.....I am still upset about that deal. Believe me, a cab and a canopy is like comparing a peanut to a coconut. I really miss my cab!