Smallest Kubota to load dump truck

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #1  

Mmurph

Tractor
Mahindra 5005di 51hp
I am looking to buy a Kubota with FEL. Want a small one, but with enough lift height to load a 12 yd dump truck on flat ground. I dont own a dump truck, but plan renting/hiring one to haul about 10 loads 7 miles from one property to another. I have checked specifications but want to here personal experiences. After dirt is done will use tractor mostly to mow 20 acres. Mark

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #2  
My B3030 will fill a 1 ton truck. It would have to be bigger than a B series. I dont know what the lift height is for the L series. On the Kubota web site there are loader specs which may be a help.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #3  
My B7500 with 320 FEL will barley clear the side rails of my F250.
To load any thing bigger would require a platform of some sort.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #4  
I've loaded with a L2900 and it just cleared the edge of a similar size dump truck. The 7040 would have no problem. There are plenty of specs out there on the loaders. I'd be sure to check them before the purchase!

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #5  
I doubt if there is a smaller CUT that can lift high enough for a 12 yd truck. I would guess the lift would need to be 9-10' to clear the sides. Kubota LA853 loader which is the larger loader for CUTs, will reach 113.6" with L5030.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #6  
radman1 said:
I doubt if there is a smaller CUT that can lift high enough for a 12 yd truck. I would guess the lift would need to be 9-10' to clear the sides. Kubota LA853 loader which is the larger loader for CUTs, will reach 113.6" with L5030.

I agree. None of the L-series can load one of those 10-wheelers. My
old L2550DT could not adequately load a 5-yd dump. We ended up
using a mini-excavator. You could always build a temporary ramp of
dirt......

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #7  
my L3130 723 loader 6' bucket w/tooth bar full of dry dirt will BARELY load my single axle dump truck. the higher ya go the harder it is to get that much weight up. in my opinion this is the smallest kabota to do the job. lol, chas.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #8  
Get one with a "5" or a "6" as the first number!

Anything smaller will be a pain loading high. Even if you can get the load up high enough, the smaller tractors are going to be more apt to flop over with that much lever arm that high up. Bigger tractor is more stable.

For your 20 acres of mowing, you want to get a 12' or larger bat wing mower, or else plan on spending a lot of time on it. You will need to size the tractor for that use, and the amount of time you want to spend doing it --> then choose the loader that will do the dump trucks. Just my $0.02.

jb

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #9  
The lift height is important but also as important is the dump height. For example they list the lift height for my B7800 somewhere around 84" I think, but the dump height is only 65" from the bottom edge of the bucket. You could go with a smaller machine if you rented a dump trailer instead of a dump truck. Just a thought.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #10  
I would just rent both since you are only doing ten loads.

Then buy the tractor you want to mow 20 acres with.

I wouldn't want to do it with a small one.