Smallest Kubota to load dump truck

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #11  
Hi Mark,

I cannot see buying a tractor sized just to load a dump truck on a one time deal. Get the tractor you really want/need for your property and all other long range uses. If the tractor you really like will not lift dump truck high..do as Dfkrug says...just dump some dirt alongside the dump truck and use the ramp method.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #12  
Lift height is not the only issue.. bucket size.

If you are renting the truck.. most of them go by the hour... How long you gonna pay that driver to set there and eat donuts while you fill the truck up with a proverbail 'spoon'

Soundguy

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #13  
I use my B2710 to load my 1 ton dump truck. I'm not sure how high the sides are on the dump truck you are planning to use but have you considered building a dirt ramp to give the tractor a bit more height? Just make sure it's solid and stable with the FEL elevated.

TrueJourney

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #14  
KubotaSteve said:
The lift height is important but also as important is the dump height. For example they list the lift height for my B7800 somewhere around 84" I think, but the dump height is only 65" from the bottom edge of the bucket.

Exactly. A few years ago when we rented a 5-yd dump, loading it with
the L2550 looked possible, according to the specs. I think the loader was
rated at 96 lift and the side of the truck was about 84". Didn't work.
The DUMP height capability was significantly lower.

As RADMAN states, you are looking at over 9 feet for the sides of a
12-13 cy truck. Even the L5030 would come up a bit short.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #15  
Buy the tractor you want, not the tractor you need to fit a one time dump truck rental. Get the right tractor for you and rent a dump trailer. Lower, easier to load. You'll have to make more trips, but you'll at least have the proper sized tractor for your needs.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #16  
Even if you build a ramp,its gonna take a long time to put 12 yards in a truck with a small tractor,and 7 loads to boot...wow,id find someone with a pit loader you could borrow,with say a 1 yard bucket.
ALAN

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #17  
The L-39 I used to own wouldn't easily dump over the sides of my IH dumptruck without some rubbing. My L-35 wouldn't do it without a dirt ramp.

You'd be surprised at how difficult it is for the smaller "L" sized Kubotas to dump loader buckets into. Forget it with a "B" Kubota.

/ Smallest Kubota to load dump truck #18  
Mark, can you rent a dumping trailer in your neck of the woods ? sides are a whole lot lower?
Jim
:)