Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards!

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #22  
Smart meters are made with all of the mentioned technologies: Sending data over the power lines, RF transmitter to local receivers on poles, or perhaps in a truck or car, and RF which transmits from house to house and finally to a receiver (called mesh network) The choice depends on the power company and is based on the user density, distances of lines and the infrastructure that the power company decides to install.

We have had smart meters for a number of years in eastern PA without controversy or problems. I can go on line and see my power usage on an hourly basis.

paul

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #23  
The flat fee for water meter is the same as power. $240.00 per yr. I 'm allowed 20,000 gallons per mo for that same amount. I asked the water co if they would lower the flate rate because there;s no way I will ever use 20,000 gallons per mo at that location. They said no. I said to the water board I should just go to the property 1 once per mo and run 20.000 gallons of water on the ground if I pay for 20,000 gallons. They said that that was my choice. It seems like if I was willing to conserve water they would lower my flate rate ,but they say no way

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #24  
The flat fee for water meter is the same as power. $240.00 per yr. I 'm allowed 20,000 gallons per mo for that same amount. I asked the water co if they would lower the flate rate because there;s no way I will ever use 20,000 gallons per mo at that location. They said no. I said to the water board I should just go to the property 1 once per mo and run 20.000 gallons of water on the ground if I pay for 20,000 gallons. They said that that was my choice. It seems like if I was willing to conserve water they would lower my flate rate ,but they say no way

Offer to pool companies to fill their fill tanks charge them $500 for 20,000 gallons.

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #25  
Things sound of like satalite TV... all or nothing.

mark

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #26  
Is it just me, or does paying more for cooking or doing laundry during the day seem ridiculous ???

Can you imaging going to the grocery store (after all these years) and suddenly having to pay an extra 40% because you do your week's worth of shopping on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday ? Or stopping to gas up your car and paying an extra $20 because you did it at 5:30 on your way home from work instead of at 11pm ???

Something is really, really, wrong here.

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #27  
Offer to pool companies to fill their fill tanks charge them $500 for 20,000 gallons.

Nothing around that area like that. Nothing but farm land around me. next to my property is 500 acres with nothing on it but cows .

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #28  
I made a mistake. I put too many 0's it's 2000 gallons not 20,000 gallons. I didn't think 20,000 sounded correct

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #29  
I made a mistake. I put too many 0's it's 2000 gallons not 20,000 gallons. I didn't think 20,000 sounded correct

That is low... Assuming 1.6 gallons a toilet flush and 30 gallons for a load of laundry then 8 gallons per dishwasher load
8 loads in a 2 week period with 30 flushes and 8 loads of dishes
500 gallons or so plus any cooking hand washing Etc and 2000 gallons will go quick!

/ Smart Meter rant- technology going Backwards! #30  
That is low... Assuming 1.6 gallons a toilet flush and 30 gallons for a load of laundry then 8 gallons per dishwasher load
8 loads in a 2 week period with 30 flushes and 8 loads of dishes
500 gallons or so plus any cooking hand washing Etc and 2000 gallons will go quick!

I wouldn't use even close to that. I don't have a cabin there. we just take the travel trailer there maybe 1-2 weekends a month during spring & summer.