Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #41  
You can buy accessory hour meters for small engines.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)
True, but this is the first modern item I've bought that "came" with an hour meter, and I was looking fwd to it.

They cost $20-40 and look like they should cost $7 - but I guess its their time to make money.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #44  
Picture 012.jpg

My wife picked up a female plug cord end for me so I threw together an adapter with the plug that was included with the generator. Hooked it up to my little ESAB 161 and cranked it to 150 amps for 2 passes of 5/32 7018. Second rod I turned it to 160. Generator did just fine, never bogged down or made any different noise that I could tell.

Picture 013.jpg
Picture 014.jpg

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #46  
Got mine for $879 about 3 weeks before the smoking deal.

Came well packed without a single problem. delivered by fedex freight right into the garage.

fired up in about 4 seconds on propane. Now I just need to get the wiring done and 2 100lb tanks and I will be ready for hurricane season. Figure 12 hours on a 20lb tank, so 240 hours of storage and running only 6 hours a day I can run for 40 days. Longest outage during Katrina was 14 days.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #47  
DId you get the "DIGITAL HOUR / VOLT METER" ? Mine has only an analog meter. It has a "needle" that actually "moves" to 120 or 240VAC, remember those? :laughing:

View attachment 425157
That's not the correct model.These are XP10000EH and those boxes do say analog meter.
Did you get an XP10000EH in a XP1000E box?

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #48  
My DuroMax delivered today. R+L called yesterday to give me advance notice and a time window. Shipment came in within the window (driver called ahead 45 minutes prior), no damage whatsoever, all parts received. Am I happy? You bet! Now I'll do some wiring changes to all use of my Miller 211MVP, etc.

Here's a couple of pictures of generator:
IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.jpg

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #49  
My Duromax XP10000EH was also delivered today by R+L. When it shipped the estimated delivery date was the 19th. On the 15th I got an email notifying me to be ready for a phone call from the carrier company to make arrangements for delivery. Driver called me when he was 10 miles away. My box looks just like Gem99ultra's. It's raining here so wont be able to try it out till later but I think it was a great buy.
Thanks for posting it Sodo!

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #50  
My Duromax XP10000EH was also delivered today by R+L. When it shipped the estimated delivery date was the 19th. On the 15th I got an email notifying me to be ready for a phone call from the carrier company to make arrangements for delivery. Driver called me when he was 10 miles away. My box looks just like Gem99ultra's. It's raining here so wont be able to try it out till later but I think it was a great buy.
Thanks for posting it Sodo!

About my experience, but the box was a little banged up. I'll try to fire it up later. I've got the pdf of the manual, but it's to big to upload. PM me if you need a copy.

/edit
Well firing it up:
Look at pics, play with levers and features - about 2 minutes
Add oil - about 2 minutes
Connect battery - 30 seconds
Connect LPG tank - 30 seconds
Flip levers, turn key to on - 30 seconds
Push the pressure relief valve, yank the cord about thrice, fired right up.

Let it run for a few minutes, turned off, let cool, fired it up with the battery.

I'll wait to try it on ethanol free gasoline until I need to put gasoline in it.

Now I still want to get a diesel generator.

Last edited: