Smoking Diesel

/ Smoking Diesel #11  
Tractor Nubi said:
I want to thank you all very much. This site has been terrific for support. I am not a mechanic so I took the easy road first and changed the fuel filter and added injector cleaner and ran the crap out of the engine for 4 hours. It runs cleaner (absolutely no colour to the smoke) than I have ever seen.
J

Great to hear!

On it running better than ever before --> your tractor is talking to you. Listen to it carefully. It's saying that it likes the additive. Keep on giving it some. You want to add lubricity and cetane while cleaning the injectors.

Also, you ran the C--p out of it. That was both figuratively and literally. Diesels are like black labs (the dog) -> you just can't run them too hard! The harder you run'em the better they like it!

jb

/ Smoking Diesel #12  
john_bud said:
Also, you ran the C--p out of it. That was both figuratively and literally. Diesels are like black labs (the dog) -> you just can't run them too hard! The harder you run'em the better they like it!

jb

I couldnt agree more, My lab with fetch until she cant walk, then I make her take a break and she whines and wants more. Ive seen her swim for so long that she cant hold her tail up for 2 days.

/ Smoking Diesel #13  
TN,
I'd like to hear more about your DF. How do you like it? With over 50 hours on it now, you have some experience to share. What size is it?

/ Smoking Diesel #14  
Tractor Nubi said:
I want to thank you all very much. This site has been terrific for support. I am not a mechanic so I took the easy road first and changed the fuel filter and added injector cleaner and ran the crap out of the engine for 4 hours. It runs cleaner (absolutely no colour to the smoke) than I have ever seen.
J

There ya go ,Like ya dad told you "A bit of hard work never killed any-one"?