snaping sound from my nortrac 204

/ snaping sound from my nortrac 204 #11  
I would be wiling to bet it was a loose wheel. the 4wheel drive shaft does move all the time, as it is direct coupled to the front end parts that turn anytime the tractor is moving. the clutch disengages it sure but all the parts still move. not like taking the hubs out in a 4x4 truck.

good luck keeping every thing found. go over all the nuts/bolts on these things to make sure none are loose and or missing. I had a good number loose when it came out of the crate, after about 30 hrs running I found a bunch more loose. and same for after 200 hrs running lots of loose parts. I can't say how important it is to keep a good eye on all the bolts nuts and parts... Using a torque wrench is a great way to keep them all tight, but the cheap lock washers are pretty bad, keep a good supply of similar sized ones, if ya find a loose bolt/nut think about removing & replacing the lock washer if it is so equipped.

mark M

/ snaping sound from my nortrac 204 #12  
That is what mine was doing when the spines on the hub went away. Raise one front wheel and try to rotate it by hand, then try the other. My repair was posted on John's site at one time. Very easy to do.

Ron