Snow Snow Blower Again

/ Snow Blower Again #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
In the spring I bought a Cub 2542 but decided against the snow blower attachment. I am now having second thoughts about the snow blower attachment for the Cub. On my last tractor (JD Sabre)I saw that the added weight to the front end really changed the steering and handling capabilities making the tractor very hard to maneuver and I was skeptical about adding that kind of weight to the front of my new Cub. Any thought or comments regarding this situation would be appreciated.

/ Snow Blower Again #2  
I had a blade and blower on my 2000 series and didn't think it was too bad. Then I went to a 3000 series and got spoiled on the Power Steering and Hydraulic Lift. There are several 2500 owners here that can give you a better idea.....

/ Snow Blower Again #3  
The weight is added to the rear of the tractor on my 2550.

/ Snow Blower Again #4  
I used to have a 2542 with a blower and it worked great. I had chains and suitcase weights on the rear, three I think.

/ Snow Blower Again #5  
I have 5 suitcase weights on the back of my 2284 SGT to offset the weight of the blower. With power steering and hydraulic lift, it's a dream to use.

I'm dying to get a snowblower for my new Kubota 4x4 diesel tractor, but the Cub still does such an amazing job blowing snow that I can't justify the investment yet.

Kevin