Snow Blower Chute Deflector

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #1  

OroKubota

Tractor
BX2380
I'm going to use two momentary push button switches to control a linear actuator for my snow blower chute deflector. I'm not really great at electrical stuff. I didn't want to use a rocker switch because I want to avoid making a rectangular hole in the dash of my bx2380 - what if I screwed up? Not an uncommon occurrence. I found this schematic of a door lock actuator. Reverse Polarity.jpg

Would this work for a linear actuator?

Thanks!

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #2  
I did mine with 1 switch. Up or down, centered for off.

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #3  
That looks correct to me.
Also note you can buy a related made to power atv and other electric winches with that exact circuit combined in one relay.
Believe they are 30 or so USD

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #4  
i would use a spring return to center toggle. why 2 buttons?

you may not even need the relays, like in that diagram. i would just wire up the switch so that up and down reverse the polarity to actuate the thing each way. with hard stops and keeping at eye on it when moving, you may or may not want limit switches on the actuator. limit switches wire in series with each of the left / right directions from the switch to cut power at the limit, but maintain power to the opposite direction so you can go the other way.

Step By Step Tutorial: How to Wire Up a Linear Actuator to a Rocker Switch | Professionals in Linear Motion & Control Systems its just a momentary dpdt toggle. does not have to be a rocker.

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #5  
When I did my Case 446 chute, I used a dpdt switch and a self reset circuit breaker for the power. Fuses blow and are a pia to quit blowing to replace. The breaker simply resets and you carry on.

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector
Thanks for the suggestion zzvyb6! Does your switch have 3 or 6 prongs? How is it wired? I know, pretty basic, but....

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector
Thanks herm0016, the schematic makes it easy to understand.

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #9  
You are asking for trouble using two separate push buttons to control an actuator.....if you push both buttons at the same time by mistake you have just created a dead short and if you are lucky it will only blow the fuse....

As others have said just use a toggle switch. A SPDT (momentary on/off/momentary)switch will work just fine(3 terminals).

When I did mine I used a replacement joystick handle that had a built-in momentary rocker switch built-in and mounted it on the hydraulic joystick that way you can adjust the chute deflector without letting go. I also converted the rotation to hydraulic while I was at it.

/ Snow Blower Chute Deflector #10  
I mounted a 4-way joystick on the FEL control arm.
Joystick 2.jpg

up-down controls the chute deflector.
left-right controls the chute rotation.
Hand is at the same place to raise and lower the blower.