Snow Attachments snow blower in heavy snow

/ snow blower in heavy snow #21  
I just bought a George White & Son 87-Super Blizzard. I've tried to locate the mfg. but I guess their no longer in business. We had about 5" of snow and I used it and was very disappointed in the way it performed. It was a better plow than a Snow Blower. I'm using a 60 hp. tractor. I would like to know if anyone knows how many rpm this should run at. Thanks for any help you can give me..

Ritter welcome aboard. You will get more replies if you start a new thread.
Maybe with the title George White snow blower.

Wedge

/ snow blower in heavy snow #22  
Instead of wax, I use some cooking spray (PAM) to spray the chute and augers. Works fantastic, (No pun intended)

/ snow blower in heavy snow #23  
the fan is driven right off the pto shaft so the fan is spinning 540 rpm. I think i am going to move the fan farther back in the housing. I looked and had around 1/2 inch of gap between the fan and the back of the housing. on the side of the housing there is probably about 3/8" of gap, but the housing is not perfectly round so it goes from about 1/4 to a little over 3/8. i may add some rivet some rubber to the ends of the paddles so they sort of squeegie the inside of the housing or at least get closer.

I think rivetting some rubber will improve the throw. I saw somewhere on the internet a guy was selling kits to seal or at least close the gap down in the fan to improve throw.

/ snow blower in heavy snow #24  
I have a Lorenz snow blower like yours maybe smaller and it will throw most snow upwards of 30 feet or more, really wet stuff half that distance.I dont use anything in the shute.Travel speed does make a differance with it, i can go faster in light snow than i can wet snow of the same depth.

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 340
   / snow blower in heavy snow #25  
Waxing is a pain, Pam Cooking Spray doesn't last or wwork very well. I found this article about using graphite spray figured I give it a try. Makes sense as I have been using dry graphite, find small tube in any hardware store, on all the rollers and pins on my 5 panel garage doors for years. It really keeps the door moving smoothly in all kinds of weather.

/ snow blower in heavy snow #26  
If you check out plowsite.com they have a forum for Fluid Film, which they say is the best for all things snow. check it out

/ snow blower in heavy snow #27  
Fluid film does work well. I sprayed my plow and blower with it. The wet stuff doesn't stick as well. The real benefit to the FF is the ability to inhibit rust. You can get the FF at most JD dealers.

I have used the FF on my door hinges in my house. No noise and now I know which doors aren't hung straight as they float open or closed on their own now with little resistance. I bought my last case on ebay for fairly cheap.

/ snow blower in heavy snow #28  
I don't know if this thread is still current, but I'd say leave the cooking spray in the kitchen. I keep my grandpa's 40 year old Simplicity with a 3 1/2 hp briggs at our PA house and it throws heavy snow further than that.