Snow Attachments Snow Blower Q & A

/ Snow Blower Q & A #11  
Anderson,
By the sounds you got a great combo there. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

There very few of use that use chains on the front,and if you continue just keep them tight.

Maybe w/ the rear blade angle and useing the float,the blade only making contact on the surface here and there.

Does your blower have skids you can adjust for height?

Not to put a damper on things,I hope you don't have to rake the area this spring where you have been blowing the snow. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Have fun and keep those banks back. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snow Blower Q & A #12  
Rick, I think the guy working on the blower chute is busy with his no-mow grass invention right now!

Rob

/ Snow Blower Q & A #13  
RAllen,
I for one don't use chains on the front,for turning seems a little harder and I don't have power steering /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gifalso you got to keep them tight more often than the back tire chains.....but that again I'm from the old school of 2wd tractors. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Yep nothing like a refreshing face full of snow when the wind is blowning. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Take care and enjoy.

/ Snow Blower Q & A #14  
I used tensioners on the chains - both front and rear. so no problem keeping them tight.

The floats are already extended all the way down. I wish the floats could be extended a couple more inches. I don't yet know if it will be cheaper to have custom floats, or custom scraper bar made up.

Luckily I don't have to rake in the spring. Unlickily I get to mow the area in the spring.

I'm sooooo glad I went with the cab - turn on the heat, Put a CD in the radio, and bring on the snow!!!!!

/ Snow Blower Q & A #15  
Nate,
You got to be kidding me about the heat..cd...right. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Now thats what I call made for comfort not speed. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Have a pleasant day out there.

/ Snow Blower Q & A #16  
I just need somewhere to put the TV

My dealer used it as a demo for a year, so I picked it up this spring with 80 hours on it. I couldn't have justified spending the money on the cab if I purchased it new.

/ Snow Blower Q & A #17  
Hi All!

As far as the traction issue goes, just a quick thought and probably so obvious that you've checked this already, but are the tires over-inflated? Perhaps you're not riding on as much rubber as you should be. You wish to let some air pressure out. Also, I'm sure you're in 4WD mode too, right? Sorry if this sounds basic and I don't wish to insult anyone's intelligence, but as an educator, I've often found it's the simple things that are overlooked.

I can't really speak from experience, I'm still waiting for enough snow in Western MA so I can introduce my B2910 with loader and backhoe to it's first "winter dig", so to speak.

Good Luck,

Rick

/ Snow Blower Q & A #18  
RickJay,
True lot of the times its the little things we over look. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I'm sure mother nature will pay you a visit more than a couple of times this winter down there, /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif and by the sounds you have the right tool for the right job even if we should get a noreaster. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Where about in Mass do you live?

/ Snow Blower Q & A
Just got off the phone with my dealer. They have always given me the straight poop before..... They advised AGAINST chains in the front of a Kubota 2910. They claimed the extra rolling resistance could foul up the front dif.

They also told me to be careful "some Kubota models do not have clearance for chains on the back" I know I have to keep em tight but I am surprised. I have 12.4X 16 R-4 tires. Is there anyone out there with a 2910 or 2710 with same set up using chains?

Thanks again for the help. And yes, I am in 4x4!

Rick

/ Snow Blower Q & A #20  
Hi Thomas,

I live in Feeding Hills, MA which is right outside of Springfield. Actually, we're part of Agawam...home of "Six Flags New England".

I apologize for the previous "unregistered" post, but I did that from work and couldn't remember enough of my personal info to log in.

As far as snow storms, we've had two so far and neither had much in the way of accumulation. I was able to clear the drive with my trusty 13 hp Honda lawn tractor & plow. I was tempted to fire up the Kubota, but using that would be like using a 5 lb. sledge to drive a 4 penny nail. A bit of overkill, I would say. So, I'll patiently wait for that nor'easter.

For those of you who remember me from earlier this summer (I was the winner of the hp/acre award, I believe.) and gave me great advice on my purchase, I again would like to thank you and wish you a Merry Christmas.

I've been really busy since summer, and, unfortunately, not always with my tractor. But I have managed to log 30 hours on it. (Hey...that's a lot of time on 2/3 acre!!!) Once this semester comes to an end, I'll post some pics and descriptions of the projects I used my Kubota for. Although I haven't posted in quite some time, rest assured I've been reading the posts here every couple of days. Hopefully I'll be a bit more active during our semester break.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here.

Rick