Snow snow blower

/ snow blower #1  

Bever22

Silver Member
What size snow blower would you guys recommend for the rear of my 1528? Thanks.

/ snow blower #2  
I was looking at putting one on my loader and running the lines to the rear inlets. Do you have any good sites.

I'm not sure that I would get one that is wider then your base so you can get in close to fences and not hit. But that is only what I would say. I probably would get one that can clear the road fast.

/ snow blower
I was thinking about a 60" Buhler but they also had a 72" but I didnt want to go too big.

/ snow blower #4  
I would recommend the 60" unit if you get any major quantities of snow. there will be a lesser chance of bogging down your tractor. I also have noticed that most of the units over 60" have a Class 2 three point attachment because they are meant for larger tractors. That being said... I have a free 72" blower waiting for me to pick up in the next week' so I can hopefully let you know how my 1532 handles it soon!

/ snow blower
I see with the sales flyer the 72" was also a cat 1, let me know how you like yours, thanks.

/ snow blower #6  
I managed to get the blower this past weekend! It is an 80" George White from the late 70's or early 80's... It weighs a ton but I was able to get it all connected to my 1532. It works but have not had any load (snow) on it yet. You can really tell the unit is behind you but I think it will do the job. It is probably better suited for a 40+ HP unit but if I take it easy it should get me through this winter. I did blow back some crunchy banks and it handled them with ease and didn't seem to bog down the tractor. Re-thinking my previous statement, I would buy the lightest 72" unit you can find. It will make a nice wide path. BTW, it had class 1 pins mounted on the inside and Class 2 pins on the outside of the A-frame. I just adjusted the three point linkages to keep it centred tightly.