Snow Loads

/ Snow Loads #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
Here's a great shot of why we need to take into account snow loads before we build our homes and shops. Not sure where this picture came from but it did show up in my inbox last week.

Attachments

• snowload.jpg
    snowload.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 648
   / Snow Loads #3  
Even for up Nort' that is exceeding any code writer's expectations.

Yooper Dave

/ Snow Loads #4  
Here's a great shot of why we need to take into account snow loads before we build our homes and shops. Not sure where this picture came from but it did show up in my inbox last week.

That's cute.

/ Snow Loads #5  
That's either a house that went to the Big DQ in the Sky or there is a silo hidden in there somewhere. :D
Dave.

/ Snow Loads #6  
Hope they stock up on can goods..yikes.

/ Snow Loads #7  
I wouldnt want to go into that house.;)

/ Snow Loads #9  
I'm guessing a birdhouse, but it's still a fun shot.

Years back I was working with a supplier that opened a second facility in Dalton GA. Their main operation was in Grand Rapids MI. They had a huge snow storm in GA and collapsed! I was in charge of moving our equipment back to MI which struck me as somewhat ironic at the time. Talk about a mess though, collapsed building and all the water from the melting snow. Not fun...

/ Snow Loads #10  
They built a big arena in CT years ago. The roof was built on the ground, and then jacked up on 4 corner pillars. The massive roof was supposed to have about 4' of pitch (Why do they make roofs so flat?) but by the time they had the roof in place, it was virtually flat. Then they added the lights, video screens, and speakers hanging from the center of it! Along came about 10" of wet snow, followed by a heavy rain. The roof collapsed only hours after a basketball game. The security guard was blown out into the street by the wind it made.