Snow Attachments Snow Plow Adapter

/ Snow Plow Adapter #1  

mswanson

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Hi, all, does anyone know if one can buy an adapter that would allow the use of a pickup truck plow on the back of a tractor using the 3 pt hitch or on the front kooking on to the fell somehow. I have a plow from an old truck that isn't running and was thinking that maybe I could use the plow on the tractor. Who know, the way the weather is these days I should be ready for snow.

/ Snow Plow Adapter #2  
i put a meyers snow plow in the buket of my kubota. it was very simple. i just welded up a little cradle out of some angle iron and bolted that in the back and then pinned the badk of the plow in the angle iron and let the A-frame rest on the front of the bucket. this worked pretty well. just rember to have some weight on the back because the plow is so far forward. i was able to lift up the back with loaded tires and a 3pt blade on.

this fall i am builing a cradle for the plow that will fit directly on the tractor and adding power lift and angle. plus i picked up a nice concrete weight box....i will be a plowing machine this winter.....especially with the curtis cab i just got!

/ Snow Plow Adapter #3  
Whatever adapter would have to be specific not only to your tractor but also to the blade brand for front installation. I'm not that wouldn't be too many combinations for anyone to try to make or market. Welding up your own might be your best bet. A guy who does some welding for me wanted to make me one but I already have a Ford F-450 dump truck with an 8' Western so I wanted to leave the bucket on the tractor to load the piles into the dump and get it out of the way.

/ Snow Plow Adapter #4  
Do a search on "front snowplows" and you will see a discussion, including my setup with a western plow attached directly to the tractor, but the quick hitch had to be fabricated.

/ Snow Plow Adapter #5  
This is actally a very easy setupp too visiualise. Attached is a picture of a kubota bucket with a new fisher plow blade attached.
With a little ingenuity, a local welder and a few $$. You take from this idea, adapt it to work for you and Wal-lah you have a front mounted snow blade. EVen if you don't follow through on the full hydrolics, it will work Great. I held mine in place with a chain and a chain binder all last winter. A front mounted snow blade on a MFWD tractor with FEL is the only way to fly.
All you have to do is plow your driveway ONE TIME with a tractor, FEL and a front blade and you will feel. Well !! I don't know how to describe it, it's ALMOST like having sex, Sorta !!

Attachments

• 5-162453-plow1.jpg
    5-162453-plow1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 334
   / Snow Plow Adapter #6  
I enjoy sex and I enjoy plowing snow (not on a FEL), but there is no way it is almost alike - NO WAY! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Besides, I only get to plow snow when there is snow. But I here what you are trying to say and keep on enjoyin' both. My opologies if we are crossing a line here.