Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #11  
SkunkWerX said:
Bernie, same thing here, except when I flip my hoses tofix the problem, everything is straight (stick moved right , blade moves right).
It is a wierd problem, had me scratching my head for a bit.
It occurred on the pwoer angle of my plow, as well as my rear grader blade when hoses hooked up backwards.
Yeah (for those that might be curious) it has to do with the fact that the regen function supplies pressure to both sides of the cylinder at once so the one with the larger surface area(the cap end or the one away from the rod) will be the one that wins the tug of war. This way the fluid gets to flow through the control valve and back to the cylinder without having to be pumped through the whole system, this speeds up the bucket dump. What I can't understand is why Kubota put this in the first part of the handle movement instead of past the detent where it would make sense.

move handle farther = dump faster
Also if you move the cylinder to the other side of the pivot it will work like (in my opinion) it ought to. I just got used to the backwards to me operation of my grapple.
After seeing what ASGAR did I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for one of those blades for my BX. This is definitely in my skill range although probably not as nice looking as ASGARs.

EDIT:
I just saw that ASGAR has used two single acting cylinders for his angle so I will have to think about the ramifications of that for a while :)

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #12  
Ductape said:
ASGAR, nice work !!! Very well thought out. With workmanship like that, you should plan on posting here more often.
Absolutely right, nice set-up and pretty operator.

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510
I was asked to post some more pics of the subframe, here they are. I would also use some 90 degree fittings at the hydraulic couplers, between the 1/4 iso B coupler and the hydro hose to make the lines lay better. I may still do this, it would only cost 7 bucks.

Attachments

• P1010113.JPG
    P1010113.JPG
    711.6 KB · Views: 2,243
  • P1010109.JPG
    P1010109.JPG
    710.7 KB · Views: 1,734
  • P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    711.1 KB · Views: 1,561
  • P1010100.JPG
    P1010100.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,422
  • P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • P1010097.JPG
    P1010097.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,496
  • P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,573
   / Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #14  
Outstanding quality!!! Bull strong!!! Got me excited to get mine built!!!

Best part is the wife let him bring the subframe in the house for pictures,,,, or he has carpet in his shop!!! :p

... my wife was not home at the time...

In her youth she mowed with a farmall cub so at some level she thinks tractors are 'a good thing'.

My advice to anyone thinking of building anything with a sub fame is to tack it all together then jack up the front end, pivot the axel, turn the wheels, it is a surprise to see just how much clearance the front tires need.

So far so good, the plow has worked well.

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #16  
I did a very similar mout on my B7500 and wanted to share, it was originally a Curtis FEL mounted plow but I thought it was a little to heavy for my little Bota with the weight of the plow and FEL arms all pushing down on the blade. So I decided to make a ladder mount so the weight would be better distributed between the front wheels for traction and the blade for moving snow, I also will endup removing about 75-100lbs when I removed a lot of the extra metal that was used for mounting to the FEL. It's ready to push some snow but I still have a little clean up of some of the edges and then sandblast and paint, but being in an unheated workspace that part of the project will wait till spring

Attachments

• DSCF2992.JPG
    DSCF2992.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 1,756
  • DSCF2993.JPG
    DSCF2993.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 1,513
  • DSCF2994.JPG
    DSCF2994.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 1,399
  • DSCF2995.JPG
    DSCF2995.JPG
    477.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • DSCF2996.JPG
    DSCF2996.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 1,457
   / Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #17  
Don, I use a MMM so didn't want to interfere with it's front mount. I see how you avoided that. I also want a design that doesn't leave a low hanging bracket on the tractor after unpinning the blade.

Both of you guys have given me great ideas. Thank you very much for sharing and for the pictures.

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #18  
The way I have it I still have about 8" of clearance with the subframe installed, probably about 11" if you just count the mounting plate. Also there is enough clearance that I can leave the MMM mounted with the whole plow setup installed if I want.

Don,

Nice job! In the picture I see the curtis angle double relief valve, do you know how needed it really is? If I had found one easily/cheaply I would have put one on after reading the curtis site. My *guess* is that the reliefs are built into the loader valve since the problem of overloading the hydraulics if you catch an edge going fast is the same for a FEL as the plow.

Can you comment on if the plow works better as a subframe mount rather then the bucket mount? From other threads it sounded to me like the subframe mount was the way to go.

I don't have a MMM but if I did I would have used the MMM front bracket to mount the subframe in the front but... I have never seen the MMM brackets in real life. My guess is your approach is more rugged, with the cross tube and all, but do you think the quick attach MMM front bracket would have been strong enough?

It is nice to see what you did with basically the same tractor but different plow parts. The square tubing front frame should have been quicker to build then my approach.

How did you cut the plates? Seeing all the arcs I assume plasma/torch/bandsaw... but the kerfs are clean. I stay with straight cuts because I use a metal cutting circular saw, it is really fast and can cut 2x2 inch solid but only cuts in a straight line....

/ Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510 #20  
I actually never used the plow as a FEL mount, I just purchased the tractor last summer and found the plow on EBay in the fall. It was originally used on a B7500 so all I would have had to do was add the 3rd function to the hydraulics for the tilt. When I put it on the first time though I was worried it was too heavy, I did try it on my "dry" driveway just as a short test and didn't like the way it pushed, seemed to be way to much flex in the whole setup, this may have just been the lack of snow lubrication but I didn't want to get into needing it and be unhappy with the setup.

So never really using it I'm not sure if the relief valve is needed or not. I looked at using the MMM bracket for the mount but didn't think it would be strong enough and didn't want to take a chance on bending it and not have it work correctly for the mower, it is also a lot narrower than the bracket I built, probably only about 8" and I was afraid it may not have the lateral support and may get torqued out of shape.

I had a local welding shop plasma cut most of the steel to my cardboard templates plus my bandsaw and air cutoff saw did the rest.

Now all I need is some snow, I live near Pittsburgh but we have not a single inch of snow this year