Snow Snow Plow And Weight Questions

/ Snow Plow And Weight Questions
How do I know how much weight is enough? I do know you can put 175# on each wheel with NH weights. I called the local rim guard guy and he thought I would get 300-350# in each tire. The NH wheel weights were quoted to me at over $400 and the Rim Guard job was $300-$350. I want enough to stabilize the loader and mow in 2WD if I can.

On the plow note, I emailed Diamond and Horst and have yet to get anyone to contact me through email or phone. I do like the idea of getting the spreader on for weight and using it as needed.

Thanks
Bob

/ Snow Plow And Weight Questions #12  
Bob I know that lots of members here use liquid ballast in their tires for added weight and that's fine, it's a personal choice. But once the tires have been loaded chances are you'll be carrying that weight around from that point forward whether you want to or not. The biggest advantage of the more costly cast iron is the fact that they can be removed rather quickly and easily. There are many times in the spring when the ground is soft that I'm glad that I can shed 950 pounds.

Here's but one way to handle your problem weights

There have also been more than a few members here that have made their own wheel weights, some concrete, and some from steel weight plates.