Snow plow ? Beginner

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #1  

lennyzx11

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301 HST/LA525 & 1964 Ford 2000 gas
Though I've had tractors most of my life, I've never had or used a snow plow. I'd like to get a plow for my L3301 quick attach but also would like to use it on my pickup occasionally swapping back and forth rather easily.
Is there an adaptor or way to do this without a bunch of bolting/unbolting to move it from one to the other?

Forgive me if this is absurdly simple. As I said. I've never had a snow plow but moving to Vermont and getting a huge circular driveway paved this year has my 60 year old back and push behind snow blower cringing as winter approaches.

Thank you,
Lenny

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #2  
I doubt that you’ll find a plow blade that can be swapped between a truck and a tractor.

The truck will need the mount that will hold whatever brand of plow it is (such as Western, Fisher, Boss, etc). The tractor would have to have the same type of hardware (receivers).

Then there is also the electrical issue - the controls to angle the plow.

If it were me, I’d just make the tractor the primary snow removal equipment and have the plow be on the tractor full time in the winter.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #3  
About 12 years ago I bought a Snowsport plow that fits in a 2" receiver. I have used it on the front/rear of the tractor, rear of the truck, front of the RTV900, and front of the Toolcat and really like it. Anything with a receiver can be a plow vehicle. It is self floating and won't dig into the yard or gravel. It can be angled but use it straight most of the time like this video. The frame uses 2" solid steel to fit in the receiver and is well made. I have it on the Toolcat loader now and can make huge piles of snow. There are many videos of this plow in use. Also sold under the DR Redi-plow name. Look for lightly used ones!

Last edited:
   / Snow plow ? Beginner #4  
The 6ft plow on our 6x6 kind'a put our Honda blower into retirment. Suppose we should sell it?
1699382554737.jpeg

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #5  
You didn't say what you have for a truck but if it is a full size p/u a plow for it will be way to big for your L3301 to handle. I think I would ( w/o knowing the details of your situation - so a guess) go with a truck plow and use the tractor bucket to push back banks when needed. Then later down the road add a tractor plow if it makes sense to you.

gg

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #6  
Vermont means lots of snow for sure.For your first year you may want to try a REAR blade for starters,maybe a medium duty 7'.
Look for a used truck plow to mount on your tractor "front" down the road.
Cheapest way out.Lots of builds on this site.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #7  
I have a plow for mounting on my FEL, I'm not impressed with it. It sticks out way to far in front of me.
As the tractor tires go over a rise or drop in a low spot the blade moves 5-6 times as much.
Blade 1.jpg

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #9  
About 12 years ago I bought a Snowsport plow that fits in a 2" receiver. I have used it on the front/rear of the tractor, rear of the truck, front of the RTV900, and front of the Toolcat and really like it. Anything with a receiver can be a plow vehicle. It is self floating and won't dig into the yard or gravel. It can be angled but use it straight most of the time like this video. The frame uses 2" solid steel to fit in the receiver and is well made. I have it on the Toolcat loader now and can make huge piles of snow. There are many videos of this plow in use. Also sold under the DR Redi-plow name. Look for lightly used ones!

I had one. You cannot back drag with it. I ended up selling it.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #10  
Though I've had tractors most of my life, I've never had or used a snow plow. I'd like to get a plow for my L3301 quick attach but also would like to use it on my pickup occasionally swapping back and forth rather easily.
Is there an adaptor or way to do this without a bunch of bolting/unbolting to move it from one to the other?

Forgive me if this is absurdly simple. As I said. I've never had a snow plow but moving to Vermont and getting a huge circular driveway paved this year has my 60 year old back and push behind snow blower cringing as winter approaches.

Thank you,
Lenny
Two big questions here. What's your budget and what size is your pickup?