Snow Attachments Snow Plow for a Ford 1220

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220 #1  

jcmseven

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320; 4520
I am looking for some insight on a front snow plow for a 1220 Ford diesel tractor. My friend has a 1220 and is planning to get a 3720 JD for loader and backhoe work. He is going to keep his 1220 for snow removal duty but would like to mount a front plow. Any data from anyone about where he may be able to locate?? I have been unable thus far.

John M

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220 #2  
Might have to be a custom job. Mounting a used truck plow (Meyers, Fisher, ect.) on the front with a small subframe to the middle should not be hard. Does he already have the hydraulics? Fabrication tools/skills? Budget?

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220
He does not; I might. I have not seen his little tractor, but am helping him get into the JD for his new ride. I have an old Gravely 48" plow my dad does not use that I was thinking I could fit. I do not know if he has the hydraulics to operate the plow, but I do not think he does. The reality is that here in WNC we receive spotty snows. I live higher and further west so my snows tend to be more frequent and heavier when they occur. He lives lower but on a very steep hill. From experience larger tractors like his new 3720 are not so good in these cases without chains, and since he wants to keep his little tractor, he thought he may outfit for dedicated snow removal since he will not be using it daily any longer. I know they offer a 702A blade, but they seem to be very rare and I am not sure they would work any longer. My old Gravely blade is in great shape but would need a bracket fabricated at a welding shop or by me with all my extra time.

John M

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220 #4  
I am looking for some insight on a front snow plow for a 1220 Ford diesel tractor. My friend has a 1220 and is planning to get a 3720 JD for loader and backhoe work. He is going to keep his 1220 for snow removal duty but would like to mount a front plow. Any data from anyone about where he may be able to locate?? I have been unable thus far.

John M
I have a 1220 with original ford hydraulic plow good condition. Haven't thought about the price yet. R u still interested. Email me jav1948@ Hotmail.com

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220 #5  
I have a 1220 with original ford hydraulic plow good condition. Haven't thought about the price yet. R u still interested. Email me jav1948@ Hotmail.com
Any Chance that you still have that plow?

/ Snow Plow for a Ford 1220 #6  
LOL...this thread is from 2010, that reply was from 2015, and @Jav1948 was least here May 10, 2018

Last edited: