Snow Attachments Snow Plow or Snow Pusher???

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #11  
you asked- you shall receive. FYI - this is a very old pic that many tbn'ers proabably saw already. Its halfway covered with snow from being used. :rolleyes:

Anyway- I still have it and its just sitting waiting to be used again or taken apart for firewood. It didnt take me long to make it, probably a few hours and some screws.

very ingenious RadioMan. and if it didn't work all that well it is still pretty inexpensive to construct. long time ago when I actually had a concrete driveway I used a scrape piece of maybe 4X3 1/2 inch plywood as a snow pusher for those little 2 inch snowfalls. made quick work of cleaning the short drive. I had to keep it pretty clean as it was on the North side of house and had a pretty good incline. so it didn't melt well and if iced up made it a little harder to get up the drive.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #12  
I vote for plow. Pushers are really designed for parking lots where you don't want to create ridges behind parked cars.

Andy

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #14  
Looks to me like you cut a 45 gallon drum in half to make your snowblade....very good idea....Ampa.........:)

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #15  
I have the option of building either and wanted to solicit some opinions. I kive in VT, where we get decent snowfall every year. I have a Kioti DK40se with a quick attach bucket. I have a rear remote, which I guess I could use for some sort of angle possibility for a plow, but likely I would build it with a manual angle.

Any thoughts?

Without knowing how your driveway is layed out and your plowing pattern it is hard to make a suggestion.

I suggest a plow. The trip springs give extra protection and angling is better than no angling.

I used a pusher box on my Case backhoe in big corp center parking lots, that's where the pusher box really shines. They're great for stacking snow.

How about a pusher with trip springs?:cool: