Snow Plow video

/ Snow Plow video
Roy, come move all my snow next year, and ill film you doing it. ill give you the videos.

Seems fair to me. watta ya say :thumbsup: :laughing: :laughing: :p

That's a plan!!!
If I start out in August, I should be there by October!

/ Snow Plow video #13  
Is it just me, or did that Cub Cadet with the front mounted blade push through that snow a lot easier than anything I ever attempt ? There's something special about the conditions in that video. Very fluffy snow ?
Excellent traction on the ground underneath, with no underlying ice ?
Snow that was actually only 5 inches deep ? A John Deere 4320 pushing him from behind ??

/ Snow Plow video
Is it just me, or did that Cub Cadet with the front mounted blade push through that snow a lot easier than anything I ever attempt ? There's something special about the conditions in that video. Very fluffy snow ?
Excellent traction on the ground underneath, with no underlying ice ?
Snow that was actually only 5 inches deep ? A John Deere 4320 pushing him from behind ??

Several of us made that same comment when the video was originally linked to a post. Must be those great chains he had...plus a dry snow.
Heck, I was amazed he knew where to plow since the road wasn't marked.

/ Snow Plow video #15  
There was as much snow as seen on that railing in the first shot - about 10". It was relatively light snow, the first major snowfall of the season and the first time the drive had been plowed. The surface was dirt/gravel. The rear tires each have 150lb weights and double ring chains. Note that the tractor is the same as a Farmall Cub, only it sits about 9" lower, hence the "Lo-Boy" designation.

/ Snow Plow video #16  
geat video's

Tlj87, I liked the music in the 2nd video

/ Snow Plow video #17  
OK, I'll admit you simply have a very good combination of equipment. I used to have chains on my tires ( 12.4 x 28) when I had rather worn out tires. Now that I put new tires on the tractor, the chains fall down between the tire lugs, and are not as effective, so I don't use chains any more. Another problem was very poor traction on ice or hard packed snow. I helped that problem by driving sheet metal screws into the top of the lugs. I used a screw that had a sharp edged top, and of course was not so long that it penetrated the tire completely. I put about 40 screws into each tire, and left them in all year. They made a big difference in traction on ice. After about 5 years now, many of the screws have disappeared, but I may reinstall some before next winter. I suppose there are tire chain sets that don't fall down between the lugs, but I'm not sure I want to use chains again. I think they tend to tear up my dirt and gravel driveway . Now that I bought a walk behind snowblower to help with my snow moving, I have to be careful about raising rocks to the surface. Compromises, always compromises !

/ Snow Plow video
OK, I'll admit you simply have a very good combination of equipment. I used to have chains on my tires ( 12.4 x 28) when I had rather worn out tires. Now that I put new tires on the tractor, the chains fall down between the tire lugs, and are not as effective, so I don't use chains any more. !

Brother, we're just discussing the cool videos...how you rig for snow is the fodder for another thread.

/ Snow Plow video #19  
I put about 40 screws into each tire, and left them in all year. They made a big difference in traction on ice. After about 5 years now, many of the screws have disappeared

Ahh don't worry your car or something else will pick them up sooner or later :D

/ Snow Plow video #20  
Brother, we're just discussing the cool videos...how you rig for snow is the fodder for another thread.

Maybe you're discussing a video, but I'm discussing how I rig for snow, as did the man who made the video. Suddenly, that hat you wear makes a lot of sense.