Snow pusher leveling and FEL cylinders

/ Snow pusher leveling and FEL cylinders #1  

tmcj

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL
Just picked up a new HLA 1500 pusher, 60" for my Mahindra Max 26xl. Set it up and played a little today and I'm pretty happy with it. My question is more about the FEL cylinders and SSQA. With the current setup the pusher is pretty level with the cylinders fully retracted, as in SSQA is tilted all the way back. This works great for resetting to level positioning for each pass. But for pushing, or in the event that it snags an obstacle, is it better this way or should I alter the angle of it so the cylinders are extended some. The pusher framework is leaning back a bit too but its angle adjustments have the box sitting level. It just seems odd since the bucket leveled has the cylinders extended and top of SSQA forward quite a bit. It seems to me that one way the loader arms would take all of the shock, and the other would be harder on the cylinders. Or maybe it makes no difference either way? Obviously avoiding any obstacles is ideal but you know how ***** happens. I'm thinking that the bulk of pushing force or shock is directed at the lower pivot pins and the top just is simply angle adjustment and wouldn't matter. Am I wrong on this?

/ Snow pusher leveling and FEL cylinders #2  
I’m only assuming, but I’d think if the rods are retracted, there’s be less chance of damage by pushing/pulling on them? Also, check the angles out, but if you roll it all the way ‘down’ to back drag (if you have the back drag option), you might not be able to do that with less cylinder ‘out’ movement?

/ Snow pusher leveling and FEL cylinders
I didn't get the back drag accessory. The only local supplier that had the pushers on hand didn't have it on any of the models. I might eventually get it though.

I agree with the less extended cylinders being less vulnerable. Just didn't know if there is a trade off to the loader arms.

I guess I'm overthinking it. It's level, works great, and is extremely convenient to use with this setup.

Thanks.