Snow Equipment Owning/Operating SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #21  
You know you boys are having way too much fun playing in the snow. To think, when you come back in from "working so hard" in the snow the wifey takes extra special care of you and warms you up and you tell her how hard you worker.

I won't tell if you won't, but don't ever let them read these posts.

I remember the days when I would snow plow all day long, I loved it. Nothing better than a blizzard and you are the only thing on the road.

Oh and you guys without a cab out there, God bless you, you are a hearty bunch, I know it's cold.

Thanks for all the photos guys, makes me feel like I'm there.

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES
I know man, its nice getting in my heated cab on a really cold day

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #23  
A cab might be nice... clearing snow wearing shorts and a tee shirt... But, I was warm, lots of polypro and layers, bobo was high and dry, even after six hours of "hard work". Ok, I had fun....

Wayne

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #24  
This is great fun to read all of these and muck like everyone else, I simply couldn't wait until the snow hit this year to try out my home made plow. I agree, let's not let the ladies know how much fun this is, they may want to take over the chore and then we'll have to build something else... actually, that wouldn't so bad either... either way there's fun for all...

Dan

Attachments

• Snow Plow Aug 15 2009 072.jpg
    Snow Plow Aug 15 2009 072.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC_0516--web.jpg
    DSC_0516--web.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC_0513---web.jpg
    DSC_0513---web.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 813
   / SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #25  
Well, I seriously doubt if I will EVER need to use my tractor to move snow, but I'll be darned if I don't wish I could after looking at y'alls pics. Looks beautiful!

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #27  
I wish I had pictures....

The snow put a halt to the construction on Interstate 495, so the crews put their rigs to work clearing off the roads to the big shopping centers. Mostly Cats (966's?), a few Deeres, and a Komatsu. They made short work of the problem. And you get a whole different feeling for how big those guys are, when one pulls up beside you at a red light.

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #28  
ShenandoahJoe
"And you get a whole different feeling for how big those guys are, when one pulls up beside you at a red light."

Than you catch yourself day dreaming. :)

/ SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #29  
I'll play along. Here are a couple of shots from earlier this afternoon: before, after and during. All views are from the top of my hill looking down the driveway to the bottom. It took a couple of hours to dig out, but it was all for nothing (so far) since the highway at the bottom of the hill is completely impassable due to 8 to 12 foot drifts in the cuts. And this was the second blizzard this month. Ain't global warming great?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 386
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 340
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 618
   / SNOW REMOVAL PICTURES #30  
All views are from the top of my hill looking down the driveway to the bottom.

Looks like it was fun to play in the snow but do you think a snow fence would help in a situation here with all the drifting snow? Or would that take all of the fun out of playing in the tractor?