Snowblower Snow Removal with a B3200

/ Snow Removal with a B3200 #21  
Hi Warren,

Its a Woodmaxx snow blower not maxwood.. Yes I agree with the postings 60" would be great for any snow type with your machine, but it will handle a 72" but slower - its your decision.

I went with the 60" and my tractor is under powered for that size. The Woodmaxx blowers are a very good value for the $ and are very well built.

/ Snow Removal with a B3200
Carl,
Thanks for the correction. I think I got Maxwood looking at the WoodMaxx which impaired my communication... sorry for the confusion.

I am leaning towards that brand, Still waiting for price quotes back from Pronovost. I ruled out Allied due to smaller fan size. I like the 24" 4 blades that many of the others offer. I think Land Pride is out just because of steep price.

There are some local used units for sale on Craigs list- a New Holland 60" with hydraulic chute for 1,495, and a AgroTrend for 1,500. Im less excited about the Agro Trend and the New Holland is a 20" fan. For a few hundred bucks more I can get the new Woodmaxx and not have the worries of a used machine and with the larger fan/auger. So leaning this way at this hour.

Cointoss- I am happy to hear from someone with the same machine about your experiences. I feel a bit better about a 60" model. I was a bit worried about needing chains too. I did expect to put some weight in the FEL if i had to as an easy quick fix for traction. Im sure it will be trial an error to figure out what works best for me.

Thank you all for the input. It has been extremely helpful.

/ Snow Removal with a B3200 #23  
Carl,
There are some local used units for sale on Craigs list- a New Holland 60" with hydraulic chute for 1,495, and a AgroTrend for 1,500. Im less excited about the Agro Trend and the New Holland is a 20" fan. For a few hundred bucks more I can get the new Woodmaxx and not have the worries of a used machine and with the larger fan/auger. So leaning this way at this hour.

Thank you all for the input. It has been extremely helpful.

The Woodmaxx unit is very HD as I can attest. I also looked for 3-4 years for a used unit but they were all $1500 for rusted used to $2000 for decent but used machines, so for a few hundred more I got a new one!

Carl

/ Snow Removal with a B3200 #24  
You might want to look at Meteor blowers also if you can find a dealer. I have used mine for 10 years with no problems at all.

/ Snow Removal with a B3200 #25  
Last year my 35 hp TAFE dropped a power steering king pin just before an early storm dumped 8" on my long driveway. I backed the Kubota B7510 up to the 60" blower and hooked it up. It moved the snow very well with 4WD HST, though I punched the daylights out of a new $300 seat with the chute-adjustment handle when I raised the blower too high. Twice.

For the record, a full-face shield and snowmobile helmet will do the job, but you might as well wear the whole snowmobile suit if you plan to blow snow with an open-station tractor. My B7510 HST has 21 hp with 17 at the PTO. In heavy going it would run out of power, I think. 48" would be more appropriate. On the other hand the previous owner of my Lucknow 60" blower ran it with an 18 hp Ford 2WD HST, but I prefer the 35 hp of my TAFE 351DI for the torque, and especially because it has a cab.

I wouldn't go larger than a 60" for a B-series tractor.

/ Snow Removal with a B3200 #26  
A couple of other points for the novice snowblower operator:

1. Freeze down an icy base for the blower and then you can adjust it down to scrape that base until spring without the nuisance of gravel in your eavestroughs. Just angle the blower with your top link so that it doesn't dig in until things are well frozen down.
2. Don't use the blower to cut away snowbanks unless they don't have any gravel in them. Your new blower will pump the odd gravel ball through with the soggy snow, but you won't like how the blower looks, afterward.
3. It's usually a sudden clutch engagement which pops the shear pin on a frigid morning, but pins wear out quickly, so stock plenty of spares.
4. Don't run out of diesel while broadside on the road at the end of your driveway.