snow removal with gear tractor as appose to HST

/ snow removal with gear tractor as appose to HST
What type of equipment are you using for snow removal?

If snow blower then having slower speed for deeper snow is a benefit.

If blade and doing longer driveway with very few short pushes or minimal backing up required either would work.

What else will tractor be used for besides snow removal?
logging and 23 acres farm doing like bush hogging and tilling garden

/ snow removal with gear tractor as appose to HST
Don't overthink it. Have been moving snow for 30+ years with a geared tractor and the snow has always been moved.
It looks like I may have about 12 hours a day so trying to get something efficient.

/ snow removal with gear tractor as appose to HST #13  
Had a Kubota L4740 hST. Wicket tractor but it had 4000 hours on it so sold it. Looking at buying a new tractor. Looking at a M4D-071
which is a gear tractor.

1. Anybody have any experience with M4D-071 for snow removal.
2. Any thought about the pros and cons of gear as appose HST.
3.One thing comes to mine if you hit something you let off the peddle on the HST. Gear you have to turn around then depress the clutch or click the forward button either would not be as fast as HST peddle. Any thoughts.
4. Do I need a creeper gear?

1) Looked at them, M7060 12 speed cab is less money for smaller cab.Either will work perfectly fine for snow removal with loader or blower. Currently run an M7040SU which is same power size. Planning to get a cab model in future. Will do same work.
2) Shuttle will give you same speed back and forth for plowing with loader. High range 1st, clutchless shuttle etc. Drive with foot throttle and shuttle lever.
3) Control speed with foot throttle, you left off pedal and you slow down instantly, clutch/shuttle to N to stop. I keep left foot clutch ready if I am into something I need to stop real quick. No issues stopping fast. HST isn't an option for me in HP class.
4) Not really, might be nice snow blowing, I don't have it and run a 78" blower in 1st reverse easy. Do have to clutch a bit but I do 99% of my snow in multiple driveways and farm yard with blower.

NS/NB dealers do have "territory" so best to buy where your home address is near.

Attachments

• IMG_5107.JPG
    IMG_5107.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 49