Snow snow removal

/ snow removal #31  
Play with the tilt of your blade. If going forward tighten up your top link this will for lack of a better term, butter the ground with the snow. Your attack will not be that agressive and tear into the gravel. After you get a base frozen in, then you can get agressive and smooth out the drive. I plowed a 600 foot lane with an old 6 foot balde on a massey 65 for a few years no problems.

Don't be in a rush to get that first snow plowed, let it protect your lane. Unless you ave a big hill and need traction. Of course that is what the stove ashs are for.

Also 16 inchs of wet stuff in pine dale wyoming two days ago 10,500 ft Elevation at camp. Guide jsut called and said it is wet and heavy snow makign the bul moose wild.

/ snow removal #32  
Hello,
I most always push in reverse with the blade facing forward. While this is less aggresive than allowing the blade edge to cut in, I find I have less problems with catching stones,etc.

This helps to 'butter' (stole the phrase above) the drives early on so I get a good base of ice on the gravel /rock/dirt driveways.s

I have a fisher plow setup with pivot hydraulics for the FEL but only use it when I need to push the banks back (or up high). My wife is not comfortable with the FEL plow setup so she is a pro at the back blade technique.

Given time this winter (if I can get out of Galveston before the snow flys in Vermont) I plan to put another old fisher plow directly on the bucket with clamps. I think my wife will find this a bit easier than backing all the time and the trip edge should protect the tractor and FEL..... This one will be up close to the bucket and will not be able to pivot.

Good luck with the snow.. I find it the most rewarding task for the kubota!

/ snow removal #33  
Better way to Remove Snow

If you just want the snow gone and don't enjoy plowing, blowing, or whatever and have money, do what a doctor friend of mine did. He had a heated pipe system installed under his driveway. When it begins to snow, a sensor turns on the huge furnace which heats the fluid in the system which then circulates and melts the snow. The think the cost was $50,000 ten years ago, or so.

He has a very steep, curved and fairly short driveway. I would never try to drive up it in the winter. It is even tricky in the summer.

/ snow removal #34  
Sounds like a fairly reasonable cost product.I'm glad there is a sensor to know when to turn it on couldn't imagine having to turn that big switch on when I saw it was ready to be melted.
Looks like money well spent over the long run.