Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!!

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #11  
Bob your post is proof of the human spirit and demonstrates it's ability to adapt to almost anything! :)

Here in SE Indiana we got our first snow of the season Wednesday. Prediction was for 9 inches but we only got 3 inches with freezing rain on top. Have 900 foot gravel driveway was anxious to see what my new JD4300 with front blade could do. Put blade at maximum angle and pushed hydralic level all the way forward into float-mode. I have been using a 12-horse riding mower with front blade and what a difference the right equipemnt can make. Set the tach at 1500 RPMs and the 4300 with R4s just purred as it proceeded scrape the ice and snow off the driveway like it wasn't even there. I kept thinking with a smile on my face....WOW what a kick-a$$ machine! I no longer fear January....bring it on Mother Nature, let's see what you've got! :)

Chuck in IN.

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #12  
Chuck, get yourself registered and put a pic of that machine on line for all of us to enjoy! Where in SE Indiana? I'm originally from Indy, now enjoying life in the Lake Effect zone.

Rob

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #13  
Bob
Looks like the snow is going to stay awhile. They promise freezing rain and sleet tomorrow. Then back to high winds and more snow on Sunday. Hope you have a front blade on order. Your back and neck is going to get very sore before this winter is over. Check out the piles of snow I have built up since Monday evening.

ronh/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #14  
Holly smokes../w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif so thats where all the snow gone,and we just have enough snow to cover the ground in N.E. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #15  
Ron, you know that picture is really pretty, but I think I'm glad I live farther south./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #16  
/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Having the right equipment makes a BIG difference!
That is the way its supposed to look here but doesn't, not yet anyways. Our biggest enemy in addition to snow is wind. The higher the banks the higher the snow drifts /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. Nothing should stop that snow removal machine!

I'll be posting some pictures once we get our snow. Now we only have about 6-8" total with snow,sleet, freezing rain, rain and then cold and more snow. Well if my plow isn't busy my sand truck is.

Derek

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #17  
Derek,
Looks like were headed for a warm spell /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif better tighten your chains keep the sander full drive safe....going to get a little icy starting early evening thru Monday morning. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!!
It seems like "Snowfall Alley" has moved over Michigan.....at least for a while. It rained on Saturday, but Sunday delivered another 6" or so of new snow. Last night we got another 4"-5" of really light powder. We've got to be close to 30", maybe more, so far this year. And it's not even the first day of Winter yet!! The little B7100 has been working hard to keep up with all of this, and Sunday afternoon was spent moving the already large snow piles back to make room for more. Kind of a fun project. Push the top of the pile back, then a little more of the pile back, and eventually the bottom. Really like riding a bucking bronco driving over, in, and through the big piles. Like JimBinMI, a front loader is looking like a very reasonable investment at this point. Unfortunately for me, my neighbor has a JD 4100 with a FEL and he said (in front of my wife no less!!) that I could borrow it at any time. That will probably keep the checkbook in check for at least a little while. I think I may have to take him up on the offer this week and get serious about moving some of the bigger piles. Then again, he loves to spend time on his JD, so he may want to do the work himself. I suppose I'd just have to let him.

Anyone ever install a FEL on a B7100 other than the Kubota loader? The Kubota loader for the B7100 isn't a quick detach and it would be nice to have the removable loader. Anyone know anything about the Great Bend loaders talked about in antoher thread?

I keep telling my wife how much work it is to keep up on the snow removal. So far, she's buying it.

Bob Pence

/ Snow, Snow, & more Snow!!! #20  
Snow is finally falling in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia!! Yay!!

Here's hoping it will accumulate enough to justify getting the tractor out to plow it!

I know this juvenile excitement about snow is not shared by those of you already hit by massive snowfalls but I want my turn to play in the snow with my tractor too!

WVBill