Snow tires?

/ Snow tires? #11  
That tractor is just a tad larger than what I thought. :ashamed:

Can you widen the tire spacing?

The studs should work fine though, if you don't to mess with chains. I saw someone post on here once that the used 'sheet metal screws'( zip screws) for studs.

/ Snow tires? #12  
I have a 2009 TN75da. R-1's. It came with v-chains already on it. They will fit, but you need to keep them tight. I took them off part way thru the 1st winter, I do a little bit of running on the road so i was nervous about the clearance at 18mph.

I keep my FEL on when snowblowing. Helps with the front end weight.

/ Snow tires? #13  
Chains will fit a TN with 28" R-1's much better than a TN with 30" R-1's. No question about that. Price of tires anymore, I'd think carefully before poking a bunch of holes in the lugs for studs.

/ Snow tires? #14  
I have ag tires on my TC30. They work well. The rear tires are loaded. I plow all winter. I used to have a '48 Farmall cub with wheel weights all around. I put chains on it- and left them on all year. I like chains- just don't need them on the TC30.

/ Snow tires? #15  
This is exactly what I have. The diameter of the R1's in the rear are so close to the fender that I don't know if chains would clear. Will the screw in studs stay in place? I have looked through the UDI Equipment site at the Maxigrip studs. They only show 2-3 studs per bar. Is this enough to provide better traction? Are there other stud manufacturers?
I did a 1 then 2 hex head screw pattern on my R1s. It's way better than no studs but I wouldn't tow a full bale wagon down an icy hill. I had a 10% grade pure sheet of ice and the tractor can drive on that easily, even pull my car up it with no trouble. if your not running roads at all you might just want to try normal screws. They are cheap and I think I'll get a few years out of them.

Last edited: