Snowblower Dilema

/ Snowblower Dilema
Thanks RFB for the pics. Is that Rhino 85 attached on the 3pt or does it have a frame mount. I was wondering what kind of BH I cound put on a Kubota with a factory cab?

Talltale, you said:

My M5040 has a diverter valve kit installed with a Fasse joystick control.

What was your source for the diverter kit and joystick. If you did it yourself, what was the cost and work involved and what model of the AnBo blade did you purchase?

I can order my M5030 with buttons on the FEL (they call it a third function valve ) to do the same thing.

BTW, on the M5040 does the Synchronized Shuttle work kinda like the HST on a L5030 but operated by hand. HST is nice to have but not offered on the M series.

/ Snowblower Dilema #22  
Catman,

That is a Rhino 85 with the subframe mounting system. The Rhino is also used (rebranded) on NH and Kioti tractors.

I am impressed with the subframe; it is fairly easy to mount/dismount: Pull 2 linch-pins, extend outriggers and hoe to the ground, pull forward about 6 inches out of frame receiver, lower hoe frame to the ground, disconnect hydro lines.

It adds about 900lbs below axle height for good ballast effect. I usually leave it on unless I am dragging ag implements.

Also, re third function...I have the W.R. Long electro/hydro system for my FEL. It is a viable and cost-effective solution.

/ Snowblower Dilema
Thanks RFB. So the Rhino will fit on a cab tractor. Where do you operated the BH from.

Is it hard to get your 3pt back on the tractor.

/ Snowblower Dilema #24  
Catman,

In this photo http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/3286/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

you can see the seat folded down. You (unfortunately) have to exit the cab and sit on the backhoe seat. Nonetheless, it has been universally useful.

The 3 point does not have to be removed; the 3 pt arms are raised up (and then turn OFF the 3 pt control); the BH subframe does not conflict with the 3 pt.

I would have purchased a Kubota backhoe, but Kubota said that "backhoes won't fit on cab tractors".

/ Snowblower Dilema #25  
Catman1 said:
Thanks RFB for the pics. Is that Rhino 85 attached on the 3pt or does it have a frame mount. I was wondering what kind of BH I cound put on a Kubota with a factory cab?

Talltale, you said:

My M5040 has a diverter valve kit installed with a Fasse joystick control.

What was your source for the diverter kit and joystick. If you did it yourself, what was the cost and work involved and what model of the AnBo blade did you purchase? My local Kubota dealer was the source for the Fasse kit. The cost was included in the purchase price of the tractor. The AnBo blade is their standard 8' snowblade w/skidsteer QA.

I can order my M5030 with buttons on the FEL (they call it a third function valve ) to do the same thing.

BTW, on the M5040 does the Synchronized Shuttle work kinda like the HST on a L5030 but operated by hand. HST is nice to have but not offered on the M series.
The sync. shuttle uses a dry clutch setup. It is a manual transmission setup. The M5040 also is available in a hyd. shuttle version which uses a wet clutch setup. It allows you to shift from forward to reverse on the fly (slow speeds). It's the only way to go with a loader. I've found the transition from an HST to my Hyd. Shuttle fairly easy.

/ Snowblower Dilema
Thanks guys for the info. That really helps.

Now I see that seat RFB. I will look closely at the Rhino. Good to know that the 3pt stays on with the BH.

Sorry Talltale, I got the Syn. Shuttle flipped with the Hyd Shuttle. I will make sure I ask for that option as I do lots of loader work and it will be easier when my wife works the FEL. That Anbo blade sure looks good.

/ Snowblower Dilema #27  
catman I have a 3ph blower and the fel my drive way is only 200yds long, if u go with the front blower it take time to hook it up. a friend of mind has one on a L3010 takes a good part of a hour to hook up and u lose the fel. I like my set up I use the fel more then the blower but if needed I turn around and blow it. see u like pipers I worked thier from 76 to 81 then they when south on me end of story.

/ Snowblower Dilema
Thanks CamshaftLF. I am going with a front blade. Can use for both snow and dirt grading and can use my QA for it and FEL to make quick change.

Too bad about the Pipers. Lawyers can kill a lot of company's.

/ Snowblower Dilema #29  
How about putting up a snow fence? A snow fence is put up upwind of the driveway far enough away to kill the drift. The snow blows through the fence and drops on the downwind side. If the fence is put in the right spot you might not have any snow on your driveway when the snow is drifting.

/ Snowblower Dilema
Thanks Brian. I have thought of a snow fence. I may need to put up about 800 to 1000' of fence to do the job. I need to look into the science of that. The wind blows about 50 - 70 mph straight across the road and I also would need to know how high a fence, how far back and the cost. Any ideas?

Maybe not having drifts anymore would take all the fun out of the tractor!!!