snowblower for 2305

/ snowblower for 2305 #1  

Drtumolo

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
Can I mount a 46" blower on the front of a 2007 JD 2305? I really prefer a single stage blower for my gravel driveway.

/ snowblower for 2305 #2  
I have a 53" blower on the front of my 2305, an 09 model. Rub with a 5' blade on the rear, and that's a tough combo to beat.

/ snowblower for 2305 #3  
I have a 53" blower on the front of my 2305, an 09 model. Rub with a 5' blade on the rear, and that's a tough combo to beat.
I keep the blower knife off of my gravel drive an inch or so, and remove the larger boulders before snow flies.

/ snowblower for 2305
I have been down the path of a two stage blower in the past and had nothing but problems with broken sheer pins. I never had that problem with the single stage blower I had. That is why I am interested in the 46" blower.

/ snowblower for 2305 #5  
Ahhh, mine is a 2-stage, so I wouldn't have any knowledge about others. I sheared a couple of pins with rock jams in the last three years, but I did that same rate on pavement behind a small unit when I lived in the city. I'll walk the drive this weekend, removing large boulders; I let the first snow pack down (or help it pack) before I use the blower, don't have many problems after that.
Good luck.