Snowplow that mounts on loader bucket?

/ Snowplow that mounts on loader bucket? #21  
Ray I agree the QA solution is better and that is the path I took and will take with my next version. I had the QA FEL from delivery so it was a no brainer.

However, seeing the success my friend had with his simple welded ears inside the bucket solution, I feel compelled to offer the idea up. With that solution, plow raise, lower and float all depend on the curl of the bucket. Also he can curl the bucket enough to put down pressure on the plow, something I can't easily do. That all with an L3400 stock bucket without QA. Simple while perhaps not the best solution.

YMMV of course.

/ Snowplow that mounts on loader bucket? #22  
Hi all. I wonder if there is such an animal as a snowplow that mounts on a loader bucket for a compact diesel tractor. It would seen to be a fairly easy thing to design and engineer, (of course with manual angle adjustment.). It just seems to me that the hassle of removing the loader and then putting on a front blade and then switching back when I need the loader would be a lot of unnecessary work. I have read that someone makes a plow that slips onto a loader bucket for heavy equipment, but nothing that I saw for small stuff.

I am fortunate that so far this year, we haven't had snow, but it's likely to change very quickly. I was thinking of a rear blade, but they really aren't designed for snow plowing, and as I said, the front blade swap-out seems like a lot of stuff to do in the cold. If there isn't such an animal as a blade that slips over the bucket, someone should make and market one. It would seem a pretty simple thing and would require less hardware than a blade that mounts on the tractor, IMHO. Also, it wouldn't need to have a machine specific mounting, just some stuff that adjusts to different loader sizes. I will be needing the bucket to move the piles that the snowplows make in front of our little road, so I can't just put the bucket away and put a front blade on. Any suggestions? (other than "get the front blade and don't be so #$%^&* lazy, I mean.) Even the "quick attach" kits for the front blade look like a bit much when it's 0 and the wind is howling..

I think you've written a perfect description of this one BXpanded Snowplow On or off in 30 seconds.

/ Snowplow that mounts on loader bucket? #23  
The Ultimate Snow Removal Combination
7-Feet wide hydraulic angle snow plow
7-feet wide hydraulic angle broom with 50% steel wire 50% poly brushes - PTO Driven
All Four Wheels Chained
Cooler Full of Beer
CD Player playin some tunes
Wife retired, plow when I feel like it

Attachments

• SnowSetup003.jpg
    SnowSetup003.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 273
  • SnowSetup001.jpg
    SnowSetup001.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 210
  • SnowSetup004.jpg
    SnowSetup004.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 245
   / Snowplow that mounts on loader bucket? #24  
Another option for deep, deep snow if your into production and a snow blower is too slow for your liking.

Attachments

• 73_1_s.jpg
    73_1_s.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 231