So many trailer manufacturers to choose from...

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #21  
Regarding powder coating, I have found that my powder coated 20 foot PJ equipment trailer, which is about 4 years old now, has held up way better than my two-year-old Load Trail dump trailer with powder coating. And I would say that the amount that I use the PJ equipment hauler over the Load Trail dump is easily 20 to 1.

I would choose the powder coating again from PJ hands down, not so much on my load Trail

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #22  
Pulling my powder coated trailer through the salt slop mess of roads in Northern Michigan is when the trailer coating starting having problems. I even try to hose done the trailer when done for the day. I have two other trailer with Dupont Imron paint on them and they look so much better. Now they don't have the mileage my SureTrac has, but..... The SureTrac will be repainted at some time in the future. Jon

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #23  
Pulling my powder coated trailer through the salt slop mess of roads in Northern Michigan is when the trailer coating starting having problems. I even try to hose done the trailer when done for the day. I have two other trailer with Dupont Imron paint on them and they look so much better. Now they don't have the mileage my SureTrac has, but..... The SureTrac will be repainted at some time in the future. Jon

Best solution!
Retire, and move to Florida!

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #24  
Best solution!
Retire, and move to Florida!

NOPE! Visited there in summer times in college. Just too da.. hot for me. Yes the retire might work, then I would not have to drag the tractor and trailer aroun d to clear drives in ther winter. Jon

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #25  
I agree... Florida is for visiting, Michigan is for living

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #26  
25+5 Gatormade Workhorse series with 2-10K axles with super single tires and the most important feature the mega ramps, would never own another trailer without them.

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #27  
   / So many trailer manufacturers to choose from... #29  
Sierradmax -

I was in a similar situation as you. I ended up with a 14K 20' PJ. Model CC. It's considered an equipment hauler, but for me it's a heavy duty general purpose catch-all: occasional car hauler, tractor hauler, lumber hauler, 4-wheelers, yard debris, etc. Bumper pulling with a RAM 2500 (gas 6.4L).

Some key options I included were: pallet fork holder, removable side rails, removable/stake pocket spare (there are open pockets when the side rail is installed), and a few other items. I have the basket up front, but did not opt for the lockable tool box for chains/binders. It may be something I add...my concern was that there might not be clearance to fully open my tailgate - shouldn't be a problem.

If you haven't seen this TBN thread (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/373487-new-trailer-pics.html), there are few pics & comments from the community.

/ So many trailer manufacturers to choose from...