So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week...

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #11  
I finally got a Woods BH80X and got it put on Thursday night. I am very impressed with it. Of course it takes a little bit of getting used to working the controls but I dug my first tree out today.

NewHoe1.jpg

Here is the tree

Tree1-1.jpg

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #12  
Not quite as exciting as a sweet backhoe, but just picked up this King Kutter (?) 6' finish mower for $400.

1000000726.jpg

Funny the previous owner picked that color scheme. Needs sandblasted and repainted, but it runs great. New belts, PTO shaft is pretty easy to turn by hand. These seem to have pretty heavy decks on them, too.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #13  
just picked up this King Kutter (?) 6' finish mower for $400.

That is a good price. I picked up a Caroni finish mower for $400 last year and other than replacing the belts this year it has been great. It mows pretty good too!

I would like to add some anti-scalp roller to it because my yard is a little uneven in places and I do get a scalp.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #14  
TWOFER!

The gentleman I bought the above finish mower from had a small variety of implements for sale, and at the other end of the lineup were two used rotary cutters. I was on the market for one of them as well, and after looking at the two (worn but functional) models, he mentioned he also had a newer one in the garage.

So he took me over and showed me a Howse brand cutter that he had just purchased for his own use. It had only been run once or twice, but he said that the land he intended to mow was too bumpy on his bones, so he wanted to get rid of it.

n42OBWcSvm11.jpg

The thing is in immaculate condition, and he sold it to me for $650. I just hosed it off, and you can see the water beading where his wife had waxed the mower prior to putting it up for sale. :thumbsup:

It's probably considered a light duty mower, but more than adequate for my needs. It's almost spooky quiet when it runs, especially when compared to the whirring racket from the finish mower.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #15  
Added Harbor Freight Quick Hitch today. Going to be interesting to say the least...i've got a 25% success rate fitting attachments so far. :)

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week...
Added Harbor Freight Quick Hitch today. Going to be interesting to say the least...i've got a 25% success rate fitting attachments so far. :)

I just bought one too and this time I made sure it is the 27.5". Now the only thing I need is to find where to get the bushing for the lower link... Where did you get yours if you don't mind sharing...;). Oh I also order the adapter but it is on back order. I just need to wait 'till I get it to try on my BB.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #17  
I just bought one too and this time I made sure it is the 27.5". Now the only thing I need is to find where to get the bushing for the lower link... Where did you get yours if you don't mind sharing...;). Oh I also order the adapter but it is on back order. I just need to wait 'till I get it to try on my BB.

TSC has the bushings for $1.99. For each attachment, you'll need two 'cat1-2' bushings for your side links and one 'cat1-2 toplink' bushing for your toplink. You'll need three lynch pins ($.25 ea) to keep them in place. You'll almost definitely need a top-link hitch pin and if your attachment has clevis-style side links you'll need a pair of hitch pins for the side as well. (Sorry if my terminology is a bit off).

So basically anywhere from $12 to $24 per attachment to get it set up.

I may end up returning the quick hitch and just get a set of Pats...

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #18  
Lol, hopefully I'll stop posting in this thread soon or i'll go broke.

Thanks to the folks over in the Attachments forum for encouraging me to take an hour drive to look at it, I picked up a used Frontier hydraulic box blade last night for $450.

1000000733.jpg

It's a beast. It's 6' wide, and if i have the right model, weighs a bit over 800lbs and holds almost a full yard of material (24cu ft). Pulls great with the CT235, cuts great, has a nice sloping hinged rear blade, and hydraulic actuator for the scarifiers. (Won't set the depth, just 'on/off').

1000000734.jpg

I think I'm going to stow the hydraulics and build a simple handle for it instead. The remote i have is accounted for and the hoses just get in the way. May also add some material to the side plates at some point, they have eroded a bit and may start to spill. (I'm also thinking about making some removable runners to act like gauge wheels and help level over pot holes)

And last but not least...

1000000735.jpg

paint it. :D

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #19  
Lol, hopefully I'll stop posting in this thread soon or i'll go broke.

Thanks to the folks over in the Attachments forum for encouraging me to take an hour drive to look at it, I picked up a used Frontier hydraulic box blade last night for $450.

1000000733.jpg

It's a beast. It's 6' wide, and if i have the right model, weighs a bit over 800lbs and holds almost a full yard of material (24cu ft). Pulls great with the CT235, cuts great, has a nice sloping hinged rear blade, and hydraulic actuator for the scarifiers. (Won't set the depth, just 'on/off').

1000000734.jpg

I think I'm going to stow the hydraulics and build a simple handle for it instead. The remote i have is accounted for and the hoses just get in the way. May also add some material to the side plates at some point, they have eroded a bit and may start to spill. (I'm also thinking about making some removable runners to act like gauge wheels and help level over pot holes)

And last but not least...

1000000735.jpg

paint it. :D

Edit: jenkinsph identified it as a Gannon, rather than an Frontier.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #20  
Not sure if this counts, but I had to get something to replace that ridiculous little plastic 'toolbox' on the back. I thought this would do nicely.

attachment.php

Now I just have to get her back from the dealer (remotes and block heater install) so I can bolt it on. The .50 cal boxes are ~5.5" deep, which I believe will be fine, but if not there's a few 7.62x39 boxes I can use as well.

I had tried one of these from Harbor Freight, but the lid hit the seat when it opened.

image_3882.jpg

Attachments

• bigbox.jpg
    bigbox.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 514