So what's everyone drinking tonight?

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #61  
Yuengling

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #62  
I took a shot of Mucinex DM be for I hit the sack.

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #63  
Well it is morning now and I've switched to coffee with an aspirin chaser. :D

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #64  
Coffee and bacon now.

HS

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #65  
Bad scotch is an acquired taste, and some is so bad even I can't acquirw taste for them either (and I like most). But there are so many different scotches with different tastes and smells... that's why its my preferred drink (on the rare occasion that I have a drink), because I can explore. So don't swear scotch off entirely.

I am relatively new to Scotch. Having tried a few "cheap" varieties, I'm not sure I want to acquire a taste for them as the headache usually is worse.

I find that they seem to improve after you've opened them and consumed a bit from the bottle. Perhaps they actually have deteriorated and lost character, either way they are more drinkable.

I do want to explore more single malts... the blended ones are what I've found disagreeable. Single malt not so much.

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #66  
There are bad single-malts just as there are bad blends... and there are good blends just as there are good single-malts. As a rule of thumb, adding a bit of water brings out the aroma and the taste (there are exceptions)... less water for low proof whiskys, more for higher proof. Distilled water is preferable to tap, unless your tap is pretty free of odor and taste. It is hard to make a recommendation as tastes vary so much. I prefer big, peaty scotches (Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin are good examples), but most either love these or hate them (Lagavulin is probably the most balanced of the 3). I think one of the tastiest, not too wild,, widely available single-malts is Glenmorangie 10yo. Balvenie Doublewood is another tasty but fairly mellow single-malt. Of the blends, Johhny Walker Red is a pretty good "starter" whisky. Slainte!

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #67  
Orange Diet Faygo, the hard stuff.

Good Gracious. Faygo still exists? My parents used to buy that stuff when we lived in KY. Seems like we had to go to the Faygo store to buy the drinks. Do you still have to go to the Faygo store?

I had a couple of beers last night watching Morse. Just another night except I heard some really big booms late at night. Usually we don't hear that sort of noise and I don't know who was setting them off.

Later,
Dan

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #68  
Mocha with dark Costa Rican beans, and Ghirardelli chocolate.

Later, French roast with half/half(isn't half and a half a whole?). Like some of those flavored creamers, till read the label and found they contain no real cream, but do contain soy stuff and lots of chemicals...

Well it is morning now and I've switched to coffee with an aspirin chaser. :D

/ So what's everyone drinking tonight? #69  
There are bad single-malts just as there are bad blends... and there are good blends just as there are good single-malts. As a rule of thumb, adding a bit of water brings out the aroma and the taste (there are exceptions)... less water for low proof whiskys, more for higher proof. Distilled water is preferable to tap, unless your tap is pretty free of odor and taste. It is hard to make a recommendation as tastes vary so much. I prefer big, peaty scotches (Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin are good examples), but most either love these or hate them (Lagavulin is probably the most balanced of the 3). I think one of the tastiest, not too wild,, widely available single-malts is Glenmorangie 10yo. Balvenie Doublewood is another tasty but fairly mellow single-malt. Of the blends, Johhny Walker Red is a pretty good "starter" whisky. Slainte!

I didn't enjoy the JW Red. I don't seem to like as much peat. I have one now, cannot remember the name (not at home) that I rather like. Single malt, no overpowering peat, very easy to drink. No bad after effects either. There are others available at the liquor store I frequent, I will try another at some point.