so who hunts.

/ so who hunts. #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
i know there are hunters here (just read the bow hunting thread), but who else hunts, what do you hunt? and post pics

I love to hunt always have. I am lucky enough to live on the eastern shore of MD and have access to to deer and waterfowl. love it all. anyway.

went early duck season got some woodies. and the duck pond

sat was a youth waterfowl hunt took some kids had a good time.

and of course my dog, right now he is on house rest to heal a leg injury, he hates it

archery season is in for deer i need to stop being lazy and pick up my bow. duck season opens on the 9th and goose on the 16th

/ so who hunts. #2  
SUNP0034.JPG1005131803.jpgPICT0054.JPGPICT0015 (2).JPG
Here in central Virginia I like to hunt deer, and an occasional bear. Seen lots on the trail cam, but have only seen/taken one deer since bow season started October 1st.

/ so who hunts. #3  
I consider myself a hunter, but I find it to be more fun being the guild and helping others get their animals. I have more hogs on my land then anything else, and I shoot a few every year. The deer here aren't much to brag about, but I'm always hopeful of a decent buck showing up. I enjoy trying to improve their habitat and planting my food plots. I probably need to kill a lot more hogs to get more deer, but I also wonder if that's even possible.

1619.jpg 1621.jpg 1622.jpg

Eddie

/ so who hunts. #4  
image.jpg
Hunt upland birds near my home in central ND, mostly pheasants from October to January. This is my son and GWP after a winter outing last year. Had to put down our 14 yr Brittany last month, she was a hunting machine (just put order in for a new pup next summer).

/ so who hunts. #5  
Eddie, I want a wall like that!

/ so who hunts.
I consider myself a hunter, but I find it to be more fun being the guild and helping others get their animals. I have more hogs on my land then anything else, and I shoot a few every year. The deer here aren't much to brag about, but I'm always hopeful of a decent buck showing up. I enjoy trying to improve their habitat and planting my food plots. I probably need to kill a lot more hogs to get more deer, but I also wonder if that's even possible.

View attachment 344511 View attachment 344512 View attachment 344513

Eddie

that is quite the wall

View attachment 344538
Hunt upland birds near my home in central ND, mostly pheasants from October to January. This is my son and GWP after a winter outing last year. Had to put down our 14 yr Brittany last month, she was a hunting machine (just put order in for a new pup next summer).

sorry to hear about your dog. hope the new one works out as well as the last

/ so who hunts. #7  
I let others hunt my deer (about 2 doz a year taken) because my wife doesn't care for venison - and I want the meat used. But I could pop deer right from my deck. Saw two does and a buck 100 feet from the house yesterday. But I generally just hunt pests - mostly ground hogs, with the occasional squirrel (they damage my buildings), coyotes, rabbits and such. I once loved hunting quail and grouse, but they have departed this area for greener pastures. I will pop a turkey this fall probably, got plenty of them now.

/ so who hunts. #8  
I rifle hunt deer on my property. Went out for the first time this past Saturday with the wife. Neither of us saw any but there were signs. Shot a nice 8 pointer first day out last year, no such luck this time but we'll try again this weekend. Unfortunately by the time I get home from work durring the week it's about dark so that only leaves me with Saturdays. Can't even hunt your own land on Sundays in Connecticut.

/ so who hunts.
Unfortunately by the time I get home from work durring the week it's about dark so that only leaves me with Saturdays. Can't even hunt your own land on Sundays in Connecticut.

i know this feeling, though there are certain Sundays in MD you can hunt deer on private and in certain counties. The GF is from WI and doesn't get the no hunting on Sundays thing

/ so who hunts. #10  
Mostly deer and turkey for me. Also do antelope in WY every couple of years. This deer and antelope doe are from 2012. Dad went along to WY last year so I just got doe tags so we could hunt for a nice buck for him. I haven't hunted with a rifle in around 10 or more years....been using handguns.

041.JPG

058.JPG