So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)
And there have been several people mentioning the cramped legroom on Kubotas. Is this mainly older Kubotas? I'm 6'2", 205#, so I'm not exactly tiny. But I have no complaints about my BX's workstation.

I'm 6'-0" & also think my L3940's station is just right.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #92  
If the JD dealer here treated me slightly better than a leper
I know it should not be funny, as it really chaps me to hear about JD dealers with attitude - but that comment really made me laugh!!! :D

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #93  
I was wondering what that was all about...
I own a couple of Rugers and happen to like them. :p

I think I own five now having given some to my kids, but I like them also. John inNH worked for and knew Bill Ruger.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #96  
I am 5' 10" and I have plenty of room in my M8540! :D

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #97  
I don't have one (yet) but I was eying the JD for quite a while, just because us inexperienced buyers 'know' John Deere is a good tractor. The more and more I learn about them and others I realize they aren't any 'better' than the others.
I am now looking for a kubota 5240. One of the main reasons is because the dealer did NOT take me seriously at the JD dealership. I'm 29 yrs old and I think he didn't think I could 'afford' a tractor. How does he know I'm not trying to start a business or something!

I 'built my own' 5240 and JD 4520 cabs on their respective websites. The price wasn't really that far off with the options I wanted (maybe 1500 or so) but Kubota had more equipment standard than the JD. Small things though but they would add up for the equivalent JD.

I think I'll go with Kubota, plus I don't like that really sloping hood on the Deere. Not to say I won't get a JD if the deal comes around, but I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the dealer, certainly won't go with him. Hopefully I'll join your 'club' when I get one. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #98  
Yeah, Roy got me on that one as I own several Rugers as well as a John Deere; course I own just about two or more of most every other brand too including a Glock 19:eek:

Got three Ruger revolvers myself...Blackhawk Convertible (.45/.45ACP), .357 Mag New Vaquero and an SP101. I love Rugers single action guns.
Got a little LCP too, although not a big fan of Ruger Semi-Autos.
All great (IMHO)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #99  
Got three Ruger revolvers myself...Blackhawk Convertible (.45/.45ACP), .357 Mag New Vaquero and an SP101. I love Rugers single action guns.
Got a little LCP too, although not a big fan of Ruger Semi-Autos.
All great (IMHO)

Me either, I've had a couple of the MK1 .22's, but everything else has been revolvers. I looked at an LCP last year, but I have trouble handling small semi-autos, so I bought a S&W 638 with laser grips instead to drop in my pocket.

I shot a friend's Vaquero some time ago, but have resisted the urge so far as we already have two Super Blackhawks.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #100  
I'm 6'-0" & also think my L3940's station is just right.
6'-0" 210 and I have plenty of room on my 'little' B3030, and I don't usually even tilt the wheel... so I don't get it either. :confused: Maybe some folks haven't found the seat adjustment yet. :laughing: