So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #61  
Just the ease and availability of buying or possibly even renting is much better.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #62  
I'm thinking about converting the loader on my Kubota B2620 to SSQA. I have the LA364 loader. I thought I would cut the ears out of my bucket and reuse them with Titan's Quick Attach weld on brackets here: Tractor Pin-On Loader to Skid Steer Quick Attach Adapter tach kubota bobcat QT-K

Then weld a QA plate to the bucket. The plate would fill in the hole in the bucket and be welded there as well. I saw this documented in this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/270316-quick-attach-conversion-kit-need-6.html on post #54. The poster only posted once so I thought I would see if anyone else has done this, or has opinions one way or the other.

Thanks.

P.S. Great job K0ua. I'm thinking this might be a bit easier and cheaper.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!
I'm thinking about converting the loader on my Kubota B2620 to SSQA. I have the LA364 loader. I thought I would cut the ears out of my bucket and reuse them with Titan's Quick Attach weld on brackets here: Tractor Pin-On Loader to Skid Steer Quick Attach Adapter tach kubota bobcat QT-K

Then weld a QA plate to the bucket. The plate would fill in the hole in the bucket and be welded there as well. I saw this documented in this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/270316-quick-attach-conversion-kit-need-6.html on post #54. The poster only posted once so I thought I would see if anyone else has done this, or has opinions one way or the other.

Thanks.

P.S. Great job K0ua. I'm thinking this might be a bit easier and cheaper.

Let us know. How it turns out. Pix too:)

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #65  
Add on to old dead thread. Got info from Bobcat today. The ssqa hooks up to 70 different attachments from Bobcat.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #66  
I just did a Titan weld on conversion for an old IH 2250
Loaded. I looked for info on the conversion but didn't find much actual info on the fitment. The weld on plate was a nice piece but after welding the brackets on securely I found I had done it a bit low. Looking closer at the pics of others I find the bottom pin latch is close to level with the main pivot pin of the loader. The Titan plate extends 6" Lower and I welded the brackets on flush to the bottom ("didn't want it sticking down!"). Not sure why it hangs down so far.- more steel and weight that doesn't seem to have a purpose... I think it will be tolerable but I wish I had seen it before the welding.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #68  
I have been reading through the two current threads about reworking attachments for QA .Both are great jobs with a lot of perseverance .

I would have a little different approach I guess .My choice would be to leave the bucket completely in tact and build a face plate on the arms that had two heavy hooks that would lift the bucket by the top pins then using a diverter valve in the tilt line I would have two short stroke cylinders to push the bottom pins in after the bucket was lifted and rolled back to ensure it was locking .Then any further attachment I built would be made to hook to that faceplate . Just my vision based on some other equipment I have used or been around.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #69  
I did this conversion to my loader bucket a few years ago and had the same issues as the original poster. I seem to recall it taking me the better part of a day to do it. Tools used were oxy/acetylene torch set, Lincoln power mig 255 and an angle grinder utilizing 7" cutoff wheels. I do not own a plasma cutter. Glad it is done now, but was WAY more involved than I was planning on it being.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #70  
I have been reading through the two current threads about reworking attachments for QA .Both are great jobs with a lot of perseverance .

I would have a little different approach I guess .My choice would be to leave the bucket completely in tact and build a face plate on the arms that had two heavy hooks that would lift the bucket by the top pins then using a diverter valve in the tilt line I would have two short stroke cylinders to push the bottom pins in after the bucket was lifted and rolled back to ensure it was locking .Then any further attachment I built would be made to hook to that faceplate . Just my vision based on some other equipment I have used or been around.

The disadvantage of your idea is, every attachment that you want to use would have to be modified. If you needed to rent one, it would not fit.

I bought my first SSQA attachment on craigslist before I had a machine to put it on, but I knew it would fit on whatever I bought, because SSQA dimensions are standardized.

And a lot of guys have added powered latches, like the Bobcat powered Bob-Tach to their QA.

bobcat-toolcat-power-bob-tach-feature_lb_full.jpg