Socket Sizes?

/ Socket Sizes? #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Heading to the tool store for a few maintenance items for my B2710. I have determined that the front lugs are 17 mm. Can't determine the size on the rear lugs, my socket set only goes to 19 mm.

Anyone know what size the rear lugs are?
How about the hydraulic strainer?

Thanks in advance,
Turfman

/ Socket Sizes? #2  
Turfman
Bolts for fastening wheels to a 27-2910 are English threads. Rears are 5/8 fine threads. Fronts are 1/2" fine thread.
15/16” socket for the rears and 3/4” socket for fronts will work just great.
My tractor has the filter so I can’t help you with strainer size.

/ Socket Sizes? #3  
I haven't checked my wheel lugs, but every other bolt/nut I've encountered has been metric. Are the wheels really SAE or are those just good fits? (3/4 inch is almost exactly 19mm).

/ Socket Sizes? #4  
Hmm, every bolt I've taken off my 3410 was metric. If the wheels are SAE, I'd sure like to know what else on the Kubotas are SAE. It'd save me from making another trip back to the garage when I find my metric stuff won't fit.

/ Socket Sizes? #5  
PaulT
The fronts are 12 mm X 1.75 mm. I didn’t check the measurements for the fronts. Turfman was correct on the socket size of 17 mm the front.
The rears are 16 mm X 1.5 mm
I did an Internet check on Metric and English thread sizes. A fine thread 5/8” bolt is 18 threads per inch.
The 1.5 mm pitch bolt is equal to 17 threads per inch.
I went to a <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> dealer for the bolts and studs when I put my spacers on. He sold me English bolts and studs for the spacers. With a little over 1/2” thread depth it probably did not make much difference. It gave the studs a good tight fit. They have over 3/4" thread.
The correct rear socket is 24 mm.
Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Looks like I’m getting a new set of metric impact sockets for Fathers Day. Current set of metric impact sockets only goes to 19 mm. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Socket Sizes? #6  
A quick check to determine if you have metric or english is a max torque spec stamped on the head, metric have a number like 8.6 which is for newton meter torque and the SAE 0,3,5,8 radial marks for strength designation.

/ Socket Sizes?
<font color=blue>The fronts are 12 mm X 1.75 mm. I didn’t check the measurements for the fronts. Turfman was correct on the socket size of 17 mm the front.
The rears are 16 mm X 1.5 mm.</font color=blue>

I assume that the 12 mm X 1.75 mm is the shaft diameter (12 mm) and the pitch (1 turn in 1.75 mm)? The 17 mm is the socket size needed?

Thanks to all for responses. I grabbed a couple of metric impact sockets (17 and 24 MM) at Home Depot today and will try them tomorrow. They were closing them out at $0.50 and $1.00 respectively, although they were just the short ones.

Thanks again,
Turfman

/ Socket Sizes?
Well, tried them today. Mine are metric. The 17 mm fits the front fine and the 24 mm fits the back ones that are bolts, BUT 24 mm is loose one the ones that are nuts. Am looking for a 23 and 22 mm socket today.