Socket wrench for square head machine bolt

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #21  
flusher said:
Anyone out there know where I can find a socket made specifically for a square head machine bolt that is 1" square?

I'm renovating an old offset disc and these square head bolts are inaccessible to a cresent wrench or an open end wrench. Don't want to use a standard socket since I suspect that all I'll do is round off the corners of the nut and bolt head.

Try a search for GRANGERS; if they don't have, then they can get you one. There should be a store in your area, or Sonoma County. I know there is one in Marin County. Good luck!

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #23  
   / Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #24  
SPYDERLK said:
How do you buy from Grainger without being a business? They dont seem to want to sell to individuals.:(
larry

I work for Verizon, and I know they have an account...So I go in and say Verizon, but paying cash. They are very happy to accept my money. Why not try the same with a large company you know has an account with them?

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #25  
SPYDERLK said:
How do you buy from Grainger without being a business? They dont seem to want to sell to individuals.:(
larry
If they ask who you work for, tell them the J A PAN company. Works here, just pay with cash or credit card.

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #26  
If you use a one inch extension, you can just put a cresent wrench on the other end to turn it.
David from jax

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #27  
Good point about being a business....I also use my employers name but they do ask for the account number or the business phone number listed on the account as well as verify my name as on the account. This is even if I'm paying by credit card, either the company one for work stuff or mine for personal stuff. I always use the "will call" plan so I don't wait in line a long time. Just walking in without calling first- I'm not sure what their policy is. That is my local branch, others may be different.

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #28  
A one in. wide slot in a piece of steel is not too hard cut. Just make your own wrench.:D

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt
sandman2234 said:
If you use a one inch extension, you can just put a cresent wrench on the other end to turn it.
David from jax

Good idea. Thanks

/ Socket wrench for square head machine bolt #30  
Skyco said:
Good point about being a business....I also use my employers name but they do ask for the account number or the business phone number listed on the account as well as verify my name as on the account. This is even if I'm paying by credit card, either the company one for work stuff or mine for personal stuff. I always use the "will call" plan so I don't wait in line a long time. Just walking in without calling first- I'm not sure what their policy is. That is my local branch, others may be different.

Yeah, Ive played those games too. The necessity of dishonesty and subterfuge annoys me. Im going to try to start a Spyder Lake Farm account.
larry