Sod buster

/ Sod buster #11  
Ive used a subsoiler to lay poly tubing for underground water and electricity. At best I can get about 8" deep, ok for water that can be drained or blown out for the winter. For electricity code says 24" for safety so I put the cable inside a 1" poly tube for a short run to the garden for the electric fence.
I took a 1-1/2" grey plastic conduit, softened it up by putting it on the exhaust pipe of the tractor and formed a near 90 degree sweeping bend that I clamped on the backside of the subsoiler with several wormgear clamps. I put the longest spear point on I could find to get as much depth as possible. I bent the top link once with the compression force on the highly angled top link since the subsoiler is a little short and you have really have to sink it as much as possible. Pick a time of the year when the ground is soft. One inch poly tube may need a 2" conduit in order to feed through the curved part. It was a two man job with the tractor creeping along and someone else feeding that unrulely 100' of coiled poly tube through the conduit. All things considered I'd get a ditcher for electric lines AND put the line in poly tubing or, better yet, 3" drainage tile 2' down for safety and the possiblility of pulling future lines through it, especially if it's to a building.

RCH

/ Sod buster #12  
Here is a crude drawing depicting a variation of that idea. Used for 1/2" laying waterline.
2.gif

LINK: http://www.agriculture.com/sfonline/sf/1998/october/aatf/index.html

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Sod buster #13  
In the configuration I had when I bent the toplink with a King Kutter subsoiler on a Ford 1910, the 3 point was as far down as possible and the toplink was pointing down at a good 45-55 degree angle. Obviously, I needed a bigger subsoiler with more metal above the 3 point hitch point.

RCH

/ Sod buster #15  
Here is the article I had posted about. I hope this answers your question!

Boomer33