Sod Lifting

/ Sod Lifting #11  
I've used a 1-bottom plow to cut sod before. It takes alot of trial and error to get everything set right but you'll eventually get it to work, although it's far from an ideal way to do it. Don't use this method if you can even SEE it from a golf course.:rolleyes:

/ Sod Lifting
drtydeed said:
How about spending $40 for NEW sod! :confused:

Gee, I never thought of spending money! Actually not a bad idea. I assumed it was more expensive than that. Always been a grass seed and straw guy.

/ Sod Lifting #14  
DetroitTom said:
Gee, I never thought of spending money! Actually not a bad idea. I assumed it was more expensive than that. Always been a grass seed and straw guy.

Detroit, I hope that my suggestion didn't come off as being snotty. That was not my intent. I just see a lot of folks on this site making things more complicated than they have to be. Perhaps, I'm just spending too much time on this site due to cabin fever ;) .

Anyway, sod IS pretty cheap. I can usually get pretty good stuff around here for under $3.00 per 10 sqft.

/ Sod Lifting
drtydeed said:
Detroit, I hope that my suggestion didn't come off as being snotty. That was not my intent. I just see a lot of folks on this site making things more complicated than they have to be. Perhaps, I'm just spending too much time on this site due to cabin fever ;) .

Anyway, sod IS pretty cheap. I can usually get pretty good stuff around here for under $3.00 per 10 sqft.

No offense - I seriously didn't think of buying it. I'll check local prices.