Soft cab enclosure for winter.

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #1  

kioti guy 69

Tractor
Ck20s
Does anyone know the name of an aftermarket soft cab brand for kioti? I see kubota has one.
Or has anyone made thier own?

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #2  
Welcome aboard! If you do a search you'll be able to see a number of examples of DIY soft cabs that should be generic enough to adapt. I recall seeing a number of them made from either old golf cart roofs or electrical conduit frames with golf cart canopies for cabs.

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #5  
Actually not getting anything from the search,tried diy,soft cab.

Try those, might need to call to make sure they fit your specific cab. Be mindful, these plastic clear materials have way of collecting water droplets and fogging up very easily. Not easy to wipe them off either...so if you are thinking about it for the Winter be ready to have a solution to deal with that.

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #6  
Branch out to Google and search "DIY Tractor Cab" "Golf Cart Tractor Cab" and "Home Built Tractor Cab" There are even YouTube vids with some.

After seeing the shortcomings of soft cabs, I built a cab from steel and glass for the last Kubota. It cost me around $1200 and lots of hours.

Attachments

• IMG_6420S.JPG
    IMG_6420S.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
   / Soft cab enclosure for winter. #7  
Very nice cab. Did you post a thread here on your build?

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #8  
If you need something to keep you warm long enough to plow and blow or set out a couple bales and don't care what it looks like I have it. Use 2' x 6' 100% cotton material like denim or other flame resistant cloth for skirts covering engine to rear fenders so engine heat is directed onto operator's station. My brothers and I built them using nothing except old pick sacks and baling wire in the 50s. It kept us toasty warm 8 and 10 hours turning ground in February.

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #9  
Very nice cab. Did you post a thread here on your build?
Thank you, and yes there's a very long (some would say boring) thread covering it from start to finish. We bought the L3200 in early 2012 and started the cab about 6 months later. The cab was nice, and with the doors off it was better than an open station in the Summer heat. However, when Wifey's brother suggested I'd live longer if I had a climate-controlled cab not having to breathe the dust and pollen. Late in 2018 we bought the L4240.

/ Soft cab enclosure for winter. #10  
thanks very much. I'm going to read over it. Really nice looking cab that you built.