Solar Power Shed Project

/ Solar Power Shed Project #241  
Midwest:

If you don't mind, what did that thing cost? I am looking for something just like that. Can it power your whole house?

Thanks,

Wally

Looks like it produces 2.6 KW. A typical home uses about 5 times more current. I guess it would run a cabin with small fridge and fans, or maybe 1 small room air conditioner. It's certainly not going to run your usual electric cooking and water heating unless you turn something else off. Using small, efficient appliances and lighting, you may be surprised.

/ Solar Power Shed Project #243  
I was reading through this old thread and I noticed where the ~200 watt solar panels cost about $1,000. You can buy the same size panels now for about $200 or less ( haven't looked in a few months). I wonder what everything would cost now as solar has come down considerably since the original post.

/ Solar Power Shed Project #244  
I was reading through this old thread and I noticed where the ~200 watt solar panels cost about $1,000. You can buy the same size panels now for about $200 or less ( haven't looked in a few months). I wonder what everything would cost now as solar has come down considerably since the original post.

That is right. The prices actually recovered somewhat since last year. 250W certified mono panel cost last year 225 or 90 cents/W. They are little over $1/W today.