Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far...

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #1  
Tractor
JD 2032R
I got to get into the nuts and bolts of the Solis SV24 fully electric tractor last week while I was at the Sunbelt Ag Expo 2023 in Moultrie, GA...

Here is what I know about the tractor at this time... also the estimated price is $31,800 with loader (subject to change at time of market launch)

Let me know what questions you have!
Josh

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #3  
It is. A Scummit without an ICE engine at 1.5 times the price. Big pass for me.

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #4  
Solis makes the tractors for Summit. Summit now has to compete with the manufacturer on their home turf. Same as the TYM vs RK situation.

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #5  
Looks a lot like a Summit?

Solis is the export brand for ITL out of India, the same ITL producing tractors for Summit.

As mentioned, it's TYM and RK or Kioti and Bobcat.

As much as I loathe the political and social environment around EV's I still find them fascinating, and I look forward to seeing how this compares to the Solectrac, which also hails from India at the end of the day.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the video, but it'll be better when you can actually work the machine a little. I hope to see better results than what TTWT had with the aforementioned Solectrac!

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far...
Looks a lot like a Summit?
They are both produced by ITL (International Tractors Limited)... Solis is in 150 countries, Summit is brand new... So similar yes, but equipped differently and going to market via different sales channels.

It is. A Scummit without an ICE engine at 1.5 times the price. Big pass for me.
Solis makes the tractors for Summit. Summit now has to compete with the manufacturer on their home turf. Same as the TYM vs RK situation.
Solis has been in the US for about 7-8 years, but Yanmar was rebranding their tractors as Solis... Now Solis is selling via dealerships and Summit, also made by ITL, is going the route of the retail channel with e-commerce mixed in. Will be interesting to see how this things shake out.

Solis is the export brand for ITL out of India, the same ITL producing tractors for Summit.

As mentioned, it's TYM and RK or Kioti and Bobcat.

As much as I loathe the political and social environment around EV's I still find them fascinating, and I look forward to seeing how this compares to the Solectrac, which also hails from India at the end of the day.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the video, but it'll be better when you can actually work the machine a little. I hope to see better results than what TTWT had with the aforementioned Solectrac!
Thanks @tacticalturnip! Yes, the proof is in the performance. This one didn't ship home with me, but I expect to see some videos in the not too distant future and it is supposed to be eventually come to the hills of Ohio for some testing. I'm with you on the political debates, I'm more interested in the geek/technical aspect of it all. consistent torque up my hills sounds fun...

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #9  
My guess is someone in marketing thought it would build attention for the brand to build an EV tractor. Good luck selling many at that price because it's about $5k above the price of a 48hp T474 around here. IMO, 3 hours of runtime means a lot of day light working hours will get lost waiting for a recharge. Not good if it can't make it back out of the field to recharge it.

/ Solis SV24 Electric tractor - Here is what we know so far... #10  
My guess is someone in marketing thought it would build attention for the brand to build an EV tractor. Good luck selling many at that price because it's about $5k above the price of a 48hp T474 around here. IMO, 3 hours of runtime means a lot of day light working hours will get lost waiting for a recharge. Not good if it can't make it back out of the field to rechargwonder?

The people that will purchase these first generation electrics are not buying them for any reason other than it's electric...

Boogie woogie woogie...