Solution to frequent radiator plugging Grand L

/ Solution to frequent radiator plugging Grand L #21  
I fortunately keep an eye on the temperature gauge and while it got hot, it didn't over heat. Unfortunately to keep it that way, I had to turn the heater on and let it cool down before I could shut it off and clean it out properly. Man it got hot in that cab.:eek:

It can clog up like that in a little over an hour and a half in the right/wrong stuff, native warm season grasses. I have started carrying a small broom in the cab and stopping every once in a while and brushing it off or running back to the barn and blowing it off with a leaf blower.
Good idea using the heater as an auxiliary radiator. I have limped home in a car this way. Sometimes we do what we have to do.:thumbsup:

/ Solution to frequent radiator plugging Grand L #22  
Good idea using the heater as an auxiliary radiator. I have limped home in a car this way. Sometimes we do what we have to do.:thumbsup:

Yep, that's where I picked it up too.:)

/ Solution to frequent radiator plugging Grand L
I have some jobs that by using the anti stall feature on the hydro, I am running max power for an hour or two continuously. Specifically, in my soil my 13' tandem disk, full throttle, mid range, turtle, will run 3.9 - 4.4 mph with the tach at 2600 - 2700 rpm. I get concerned if the temp gauge gets to 7 bars lit. If all cores are clean on a 70 degree day it will be 4 bars lit which is the thermostat setting (once warmed up mine idles at 4 bars). If I have to blow out the radiator after brush cutting and before doing heavy work its not a real problem, but it has started getting frequent enough I thought I'd ask if anyone had a good solution. I know, run over to the main farm and get the JD7730 and 30 foot disk and get it over with and don't gripe, but I'm back to the problem of some small fields with odd corners where the large equipment just doesn't work.