Some Days…

/ Some Days… #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Yesterday was my planned catch up on vehicle maintenance day that started with a bang when opening the garage door and one extension spring let go… no big deal, just needed a detour to Home Depot and $31 later all good.

Number one on my to do list was brake pads and shoes for the 1987 Samurai that I’m always using to tow my box trailer.

Front Pads no problems but it turns out rear drums bind so tight that I found Internet Posts of people braking the drums to remove.

Fortunately I have a puller set I just needed to get…

Seldom drive the Range Rover to keep it nice and had it on a charger earlier. I drove off not realizing the hood was not latched and it flew up on the way to get the puller… let’s just say the pristine Rover isn’t anymore.

This was not slow motion… in less than the blink of an eye the hood popped up blocking all my forward vision.

I know I’m lucky in so many ways out on a busy highway and all…

Some Days…

/ Some Days…
Only my self esteem... I will get a repair estimate to put a dollar amount on it but body and paint doesn't make for a cheap date.

I’m most thankful for not causing a wreck on the highway!

Last edited:
   / Some Days…
Crunched right and left hood corners and bent hinges
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
   / Some Days… #7  
Similar accident to Land Rover on my wife’s mustang. No damage except to hood

/ Some Days… #8  
I had that happen in my '67 Dodge pickup. It certainly has a pucker factor.
Thankfully, noone was hurt.

/ Some Days… #9  
Mine was with an old Scout, can't even recall just which one it was now, either an 80 or 800 folded it right up over the roof.

/ Some Days… #10  
Close to darn close.