Some days you just have to improvise!

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #11  
OK, you have hooks on your bucket. What the heck do you need the insert and ball for? I moved my camper and ATV trailer just using a chain from each side of the bucket. It was interesting because I didn't have any ballast in my tires yet. :) But I pulled and pushed both of them several times w/ nothing but a chain.

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #12  
I have a little gizmo that i made for mine. I added double 3/8" plate to the top of bucket for the 2-5/16 ball for my goosenecks and an offset hitch for my bumper pull trailers. I made the offset cause im real lazy and didnt want to have to get out of the cab to hook up the trailers. This works slick.....only had to drill one 3/4" hole in lower bucket. It pins on and off in 10 seconds.

Attachments

• 0327111410.jpg
    0327111410.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 0327111454.jpg
    0327111454.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 0327111535.jpg
    0327111535.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 0329111630.jpg
    0329111630.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 0329111630a.jpg
    0329111630a.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 131
   / Some days you just have to improvise! #13  
OK, you have hooks on your bucket. What the heck do you need the insert and ball for? I moved my camper and ATV trailer just using a chain from each side of the bucket. It was interesting because I didn't have any ballast in my tires yet. :) But I pulled and pushed both of them several times w/ nothing but a chain.

Well, I have various sizes of receiver hitches and I can use them to push trailers around. I also have a 4.5 foot 2X2X1/4 inch square tube boom that comes in handy. It pins in and has a hook on the end that is good for plucking loads from tight spots and moving them.

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #14  
I just keep 2" ball on my tractor that way I can move either trailer around without changing balls. I wouldn't go on the road that way but around the yard/farm it's fine.

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #15  
I have a little gizmo that i made for mine. I added double 3/8" plate to the top of bucket for the 2-5/16 ball for my goosenecks and an offset hitch for my bumper pull trailers. I made the offset cause im real lazy and didnt want to have to get out of the cab to hook up the trailers. This works slick.....only had to drill one 3/4" hole in lower bucket. It pins on and off in 10 seconds.

That's pretty slick!

/ Some days you just have to improvise!
I don't have any pics of the bucket hitches handy, but they are just welded to the back of the top of the buckets. I'll get you a view a little later.

On edit: I got shots of the bucket hitches.

OK, now I see how you've done it... Thanks!

/ Some days you just have to improvise!

That's pretty slick!

Uhh... Yeah, really slick! I gotta get me a torch and welder... :thumbsup: Now, where is my Santa list??? :D