Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C

/ Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C
Yes I agree, for safety I would definitely block things. But as a general rule for the hydraulics themselves... does it hurt them or degrade them faster to leave them under pressure for a week or two?

So no one has any good information on hydraulics holding weight for an extended period of time (say 10 days)? I tried googling around to see if I could find a good answer but I'm coming up short. Is it harmful to hydraulics to do this? An example that I just did was had my Case 580C up on it's stabilizers for about 10 days. I did put it back down on it's tires just yesterday though as I realized it was still up on the stabs. I was so used to having hydraulics that leaked, I never had this happen before and I was quite stunned that it was still up in the air just like it was on day 1. After closer examination I realized these 2 cylinders were recently repacked. But still... I don't want to hurt them, so if anyone has some info to offer I'm all ears.

/ Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C #13  
I doubt it will hurt them. Consider the load & shock on them when digging.

/ Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C #14  
safety pretty much. if you really got down to it, i guess the rubber hyd hosses. could be an issue. with constant pressure in them and warm summer temps, the hoses will more likely want to expand and get larger in diameter.

but with that said. telephone pole handlers, and bucket lifts for crew for tree cutting and like. most likely have to stay lifted up in the air without dropping for X length of time to be considered "pass" vs failure and not able to use.

Cool. Thank you both. I just wanted to be sure I was not hurting my new investment. I was blown away that the hydraulic stabalizers held my machine up for 10 days without any apparent letdown. I hope to work on the brakes this weekend. I have my new master cylinders that came in the mail. I'll post some pictures.

/ Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C #16  
If you need any other parts, try here, and compare prices: Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries They beat everyone hands down on parts prices. Being you live in PA. if you order before 10:00 a.m., you'll probably have them the next afternoon.

If you need the line that goes to the brake housing/wheel cylinder, it is half metal/half rubber, you can get it through a Case/IH Ag. dealer for $10.00 less. As I recall, they are a OEM only part. At least they were several years ago. I made my own lines from the MC to that short flex line, out of the NiCop type material. Got one of the line making kits from Eastwood. Kit, and line/fittings was still cheaper by like $75.00, than the preformed ones from Case.

If you happen to need any of the metal type mounted circuit breakers, you can get them at about any auto parts stores, for about 1/4 of what Case wants for them. And that's Buss brand, not some cheapie stuff.

The MC's will be a PIA to put in, if someone hasn't cut a panel out of the side of the dash. The PO of mine cut like, a 8" X 8" hole in the side panel of the dash. Looks like heck, but makes it a LOT easier..!! And one of those small top (4") funnels, with a long tube makes it a lot easier to fill those Master Cylinders.

Guys I'm pulling my hair out right now. I have been trying to figure out how to remove my console on my 580C for several days now. I have to replace both master brake cylinders and re-do quite a bit of wiring so clear access under the console is pretty much a MUST. I have all of the bolts off and even removed the roll-pins in the power shuttle and throttle arms. Right now when I pull up on the console it is locked in place by the shuttle arm. There is a washer right above the shuttle lever sleeve (the thing that the roll pins were in) and that won't pull up through the hole in the metal "mount" under the console. No matter how much I bang on it I can't seem to free the shuttle sleeve up from the shuttle lever so I can't pull it through. But worse, even if I would succeed in getting that one off it looks like the throttle lever is still captured by the same metal mounting bracket that's holding the shuttle lever in relative place.

SO OK ...has anyone succeeded in removing their front console from a Case 580C before? I talked to someone last month that said they cut a large hole in the left side of their console to replace their master cylinders. Yes I could do this but it wouldn't let me get full access to all of the wiring that I need to fix and all the switches that I need to replace. This thing was exposed to rainwater for a few years with the console lids off and water rotted a lot of my console parts out. It's amazing the starter button and key still work. Everything else was pretty much ruined. So I need help/advise in taking this cover off if someone can please assist.

/ Some help with my new (to me) Case 580C #18  
A PO somewhere along the line ( I'm the 3rd owner) cut that hole in the left side, to gain access to the master cylinders. I had to replace a few electrical items too, and got to them by removing the gauge panel, and reaching down though the top console covers. I'm not exactly a small guy, but got to everything I needed to. A couple of things I got to, by reaching through the hole on the left side, and looking down through the top console cover holes. Not an easy task for a fat guy... :)

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2005 Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX 84-Passenger Bus, (A33078)
2005 Thomas...
New  MIVA Excavator Ripper (A34302)
New MIVA...
2014 Great Dane 53 X 102 Reefer Trailer (A33439)
2014 Great Dane 53...
Party Wagon, 4WD, Hydr. Brakes, 2-Horse Tongue Draw Bar Hitch (A33349)
Party Wagon, 4WD...
Great Bend 900 Hi-master Front-end Loader (A33041)
Great Bend 900...
Bale Wrap (A33041)
Bale Wrap (A33041)